QC Silver vs. QC Bronze

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by justinbrett, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. justinbrett

justinbrett Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Sydney
    I was formerly a QC Bronze member and have today qualified for QC silver membership,

Apart from the 25% bonus points - is there any other bennifits being QC Silver? Most of the silver benifits are already offered being in the Qantas Club.

2. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Congratulations justinbrett, and welcome to AFF.

Nope. As you are already lining up in the QP line to check-in, the only additional benefit is the extra points. Oh, and if you apply for an upgrade you'll be selected before the Bronze members (but after the Platinum and Gold).

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    One benefit is that you now also have OneWorld Ruby status. So OneWorld airlines that recognise Ruby (i.e. all but BA) will extend Ruby benefits to you, including business class check-in.

4. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    If you're a regular overseas traveller, this is (in my opinion) probably the biggest benefit.

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Also as QF Silver you are little higher in line when it comes to free upgrades from QF and other oneworld carriers.

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    justinbrett, May I also welcome you to AFF.

As per the above posts, oneWORLD ruby is the biggest difference.

The is a little more info here: Simple and easy question re Status points.

7. raccoon111

raccoon111 Junior Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Free excess baggage, 10kg for international or 1 piece for Domestic/US flights. I've already saved well over $200 in what would have been excess baggage charge.

8. justinbrett

Mar 6, 2006
    Sydney
    You already get that with QC.

9. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    I just love to be reminded of the extraordinary benefits QC PS provides......

Its a hard grind gaining/maintaining required SC's purely on domestic travel (and no points being Govt) and balancing that with the Owner-Breeder and Trainer requirements at home.

10. justinbrett

Mar 6, 2006
    Sydney
    You don't get points? I travel on defence fares, I don't get FF points but I get SC points (and very heathly being full fares). I travel a fair bit on my own steam as well, and to and from Darwin means the points are pretty good.

11. coyote25

coyote25 Established Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Melbourne
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    When travelling for the Fed Government the no points isn't great :cry: but the SCs are fantastic (normally full fare) :)

Earn my points from my own travel but they add up faster getting the WP bonus due to my extended gov travel :D

12. raccoon111

raccoon111 Junior Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Yup. I misread the title. I stand corrected.

13. Groundfeeder

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    justinbrett

Forgot to omit that small SC benny, however this (Govt travel) has been covered in previous posts.

Not straying too far off thread, I have maintained PS on multiple dead-broke Govt fares (exclusively QF I might add despite bureaucratic pressure) as my QLD travel is usually at short notice so the full Y fares kick in if I'm astute!

Now that Q400 extra capacity is available, I may feel pressure on my short notice bookings - but YAY - give me the 400 anytime!!

14. Groundfeeder

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    justinbrett

Forgot to omit that small SC benny, however this (Govt travel) has been covered in previous posts.

Not straying too far off thread, I have maintained PS on multiple dead-broke Govt fares (exclusively QF I might add despite bureaucratic pressure) as my QLD travel is usually at short notice so the full Y fares kick in if I'm astute!

Now that Q400 extra capacity is available, I may feel pressure on my short notice bookings - but YAY - give me the 400 anytime!!

15. Groundfeeder

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    Sorry Justin,

I just developed a bad computer stutter to repeat post.

Somebody will tell me how to edit this out some day when I become literate ........

16. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Assuming you are logged in, simply press the edit button in the top right corner of your post.

17. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or even the [​IMG] (delete) button before another post is added to the thread.

18. Groundfeeder

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    Damien & serfty,

Bless you both, as I was about to resort to the Elvis solution with the 38 Magnum!