Qatar Airways lounge access on award tickets

petwatff

My QR app has reinstated the new gold extension but oddly it hasn't done the same on my pc version. I prefer using the pc for searches and I'm especially keen to see where I can use the 40 Qcredits for an upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this issue and did you resolve it, if so how?

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
There was some issue when QR first unbundled lounge access from their cheaper Business fares and some lounge Agents misconstrued this as being also unbundled from Award business.

This was cleared up pretty quickly.

Gold Member

Established Member
it appears Y fares upgraded with QCredits aren’t eligible for Al Sawfa either but don’t know if you can pay for access or not
I upgraded an economy fare to business using QCredits. When I enquired about access to the Al Safeway Lounge I was told No. I pleaded that the T&Cs stated the only two conditions to be met are that you must be Platinum AND must be flying at least business class. However there is apparently some unpublished position or clause somewhere which prevents access for QCredit upgraded tickets. Anyone able to chime with first hand experience?

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I upgraded an economy fare to business using QCredits. When I enquired about access to the Al Safeway Lounge I was told No. I pleaded that the T&Cs stated the only two conditions to be met are that you must be Platinum AND must be flying at least business class. However there is apparently some unpublished position or clause somewhere which prevents access for QCredit upgraded tickets. Anyone able to chime with first hand experience?
That’s exactly what I’ve heard from others.
Not only that but the J flight must be marketed and operated by QR (RJ often has decent sales from DOH on QR metal)

Last edited:

BNEFlyer

Virgin
Gold
My QR app has reinstated the new gold extension but oddly it hasn't done the same on my pc version. I prefer using the pc for searches and I'm especially keen to see where I can use the 40 Qcredits for an upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this issue and did you resolve it, if so how?
An AU-DOH (or vv) upgrade is 39 Qcredits.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..