Applying for daily services:B737 equipment from 14 Dec 2026. Going head to head with Batik although probably on alternate days...![]()
When you say Virgin will likely get a portion of the capacity.....what does that mean?I believe it’s Qantas ‘requests’ to operate. Virgin will likely get a portion of the capacity so seems unlikely.
Virgin has yet to submit its proposal, id expect this shortly, and its clear they will ask for a similar amount. In prior allocations VA has always waited for QF to file its proposal then submitted right after. They screwed up the last proposal but it was more tag flight related.When you say Virgin will likely get a portion of the capacity.....what does that mean?
They have applied to IASC for allocation of the available seats according to the expanded bi-lateral with Indonesia. This doesn't mean the IASC will grant them the request.When you say Virgin will likely get a portion of the capacity.....what does that mean?
VA will certainly ask for PER-DPS going off its failed application last year. Virgin could ask for WSI-DPS, they would probably get that over Jetstar considering share.
It’s an interesting point. The commission didn’t really side with Jetstar in the last application around its argument that it was a LCC and is offering better value, lower fares etc, they made this point quite clear, so not sure they will put the domestic part into it. Virgin screwed itself over by getting lost in how tag flights operate, otherwise they would have got that capacity.Personally i think IASC would grant QF the JQ WSI-DPS unless VA demonstrate they're going to start operating from WSI domestically.
Funnily enough I know a lot of people who really want CGK from Perth and not a few a week by Batik. Would VA really want to compete to Bali from Perth with Batik, Transnusa (who operate about 22 flights a week) Jetstar with I think about at least two daily , Air Asia up to I think 3 or 4 daily? It's almost overkill and I can't see people flying VA as they are also just really on the whole a LCC so price would certainly dictate. It's all quite interesting but perhaps for VA like QF Jakarta would be best.It’s an interesting point. The commission didn’t really side with Jetstar in the last application around its argument that it was a LCC and is offering better value, lower fares etc, they made this point quite clear, so not sure they will put the domestic part into it. Virgin screwed itself over by getting lost in how tag flights operate, otherwise they would have got that capacity.
VAs biggest opportunity here is simply lack of share so if they play their cards right they should do ok. They could ask for PER-CGK, and drop it later on, reallocate to DPS if they want also, should the route not work.
True, and the last application they applied for double daily PER-DPS. With the then CCO at the time likely having significant oversight over that decision, now running the show, I’d doubt things have changed around PER-DPS ambitions.Would VA really want to compete to Bali from Perth with Batik, Transnusa (who operate about 22 flights a week) Jetstar with I think about at least two daily , Air Asia up to I think 3 or 4 daily?
AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements
and I suspect it’ll get the nod over more bogan air routes.PER-CGK is a great idea.
They transferred PER-DPS to Tiger in 2016 and didn't return after that little experiment failed.When did VA drop PER-DPS?
They used to have regular flights, they even had business class on the route, before COVID.
Circa 13k according to Google but more importantly, what’s the back and fourth business demand, as well as freight?Out of curiosity, how big is the Indonesian population over at PER? I know there's quite a few Singaporeans there but not sure about Indonesians.
Ah I just checked and confirmed I flew between PER & DPS on VA in J 7 times in 2015.They transferred PER-DPS to Tiger in 2016 and didn't return after that little experiment failed.
