Qantas ticketing delays - likely risk of losing booking.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Last night, I booked 2 Syd-Kul J awards on MH for next year with Qf ponts....the surcharges were charged straight away and the points were only deducted this am. I have not received the etickets as yet. Should I be waiting a bit longer (how Long?) for the etickets or should I be ringing QF now to get the tickets issued so I don't lose the award seats. I read upthread that MH will cancel the award seats if the ticketing is not done pretty soon eg 24-48 hours. Advice? Thanks
Try looking the booking up on Malaysia MMB website (uses same Amadeus PNR). See if you can email the e-ticket.

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Try looking the booking up on Malaysia MMB website (uses same Amadeus PNR). See if you can email the e-ticket.
Did that....no eticket numbers there :(

Last edited:

parkesyau

Last night, I booked 2 Syd-Kul J awards on MH for next year with Qf ponts....the surcharges were charged straight away and the points were only deducted this am. I have not received the etickets as yet. Should I be waiting a bit longer (how Long?) for the etickets or should I be ringing QF now to get the tickets issued so I don't lose the award seats. I read upthread that MH will cancel the award seats if the ticketing is not done pretty soon eg 24-48 hours. Advice? Thanks
I would def ring. I ended up going round in circles last month with award bookings that weren’t issued quick enough and kept getting cancelled by codeshare airline. I was very persistent and kept trying until I got someone who stayed on the line with me and fixed it. It ended up being with someone who was actually via the FF helpline
Nothing worse than losing the seats they are so scarce

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I would def ring. I ended up going round in circles last month with award bookings that weren’t issued quick enough and kept getting cancelled by codeshare airline. I was very persistent and kept trying until I got someone who stayed on the line with me and fixed it. It ended up being with someone who was actually via the FF helpline
Nothing worse than losing the seats they are so scarce
Yup...on phone now...only took 2 mins to answer the phone (QF Plat).... ? Fiji Call centre by accent.....let's see if she can sort it out...after 5 mins on hold, have been told she has to call another centre for help :( bizarre...now they are claiming I haven't paid the taxes!...I have paid and it appears on my credit card!! edit...now they have found the payment and said I will get the e tickets from ticketing today. I'll believe it when I see it! Total of 24 mins on phone with 2 min wait for phone to be answered!

Last edited:

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Yup...on phone now...only took 2 mins to answer the phone (QF Plat).... ? Fiji Call centre by accent.....let's see if she can sort it out...after 5 mins on hold, have been told she has to call another centre for help :( bizarre...now they are claiming I haven't paid the taxes!...I have paid and it appears on my credit card!! edit...now they have found the payment and said I will get the e tickets from ticketing today. I'll believe it when I see it! Total of 24 mins on phone with 2 min wait for phone to be answered!
So of course no e ticket. Rang again at 7am today and after about 5 minutes wait, got answered with "Qantas Premium" :) ...explained the situation to the lovely T.... who understood the concern re cancellation of award if not ticketed in a timely manner...she said that there was a problem with the system not recognising my PayPal payment....she would fix it and call me back if there were any problems and said I would get the e tickets within an hour....30 mins later ...voila! :) (Total call time incl wait time = 13 mins) Good outcome for me but why has it reached this point Qf?!.... fortunately I'm Plat and can get to the Premium desk to help but what about the average punter??

bam71

Data point, booked DXB DOH DPS in QR J for Oct this year. Called after 2 days to check on ticket issuance as didn‘t want it to cancel. 15 minutes wait, got through to SA call centre, was told they’ll place it on Q for ticketing. Didn’t hold out much hope but 15mins later ticket came through.

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Last night, I booked 2 Syd-Kul J awards on MH for next year with Qf points....the surcharges were charged straight away and the points were only deducted this am. I have not received the etickets as yet. Should I be waiting a bit longer (how Long?) for the etickets or should I be ringing QF now to get the tickets issued so I don't lose the award seats. I read upthread that MH will cancel the award seats if the ticketing is not done pretty soon eg 24-48 hours. Advice? Thanks

So of course no e ticket. Rang again at 7am today and after about 5 minutes wait, got answered with "Qantas Premium" :) ...explained the situation to the lovely T.... who understood the concern re cancellation of award if not ticketed in a timely manner...she said that there was a problem with the system not recognising my PayPal payment....she would fix it and call me back if there were any problems and said I would get the e tickets within an hour....30 mins later ...voila! :) (Total call time incl wait time = 13 mins) Good outcome for me but why has it reached this point Qf?!.... fortunately I'm Plat and can get to the Premium desk to help but what about the average punter??
So I booked the return leg this am: Pen (Y)-Kul(J)-Syd with Qf points...no extra points for the Pen-Kul leg in Y but just a bit more surcharges....this time paid by credit card not via paypal.....points deducted and credit card charged straight away....15 mins later etickets were in my inbox :)

So it seems if you pay the surcharges (for partner awards in my case) on the Qf website with Paypal, the system doesn't recognised you have paid and requires manual intervention before the etickets are issued!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..