Qantas Status Credits Bonus Offers | Page 9 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas Status Credits Bonus Offers

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Haven't had a QF SC bonus/DSC offer in a long time.
Latest email, was the business companion sale email earlier on today.

RSD

Certainly not counting on one, and to be honest I'm starting to think probably won't receive one
...and knowing my luck if I did receive one it would probably be to somewhere like Johannesburg even though the conference is in New Orleans!

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
...and knowing my luck if I did receive one it would probably be to somewhere like Johannesburg even though the conference is in New Orleans!
The individual, targetted 1.5x SC offers aren't limited to a destination.
They are just sent with the destination in the email subject line.
It's the spin they are putting on the offers.
But you can use them on any flights.

mviy

Established Member
I don't expect there to be another DSC offer till at least February 2020 now.

levelnine

It is interesting to speculate whether QF thinks that the marginal savings made by having only 1 DSC this year (eg fewer WPs, meaning marginally smaller First Lounge operating costs) outweigh the presumably substantial revenue loss (eg fewer people taking status runs, more people booking with competitors).

Personally, I think QF made a big mistake offering only 1 DSC this year, but I'm sure Qantas have their reasons.

Jacques Vert

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
The individual, targetted 1.5x SC offers aren't limited to a destination.
They are just sent with the destination in the email subject line.
It's the spin they are putting on the offers.
But you can use them on any flights.
Not according to the T&Cs of the last offer I received:

An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this bonus Status Credits offer means any Qantas operated international flight with a QF flight number between Australia and London (via Perth or Singapore) where Status Credits are normally earned. Connecting domestic flights to/from the eligible Qantas gateways are not eligible for bonus Status Credits

mrsterryn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Just pondering as I received a Qatar email today which set me thinking what flight could I book?
I have booked the flights that I can already for next year for planned holidays when they were on sale.
So if a DSC came along it would be an additional trip just for the heck of it (also to add to LTG)
I think I am now going back to the "sale " fares and *shock horror * going to other Oneworld carriers , again who have sales . Mind you those status credits, albeit less than Qantas, accrue towards LTG

onemore

It is interesting to speculate whether QF thinks that the marginal savings made by having only 1 DSC this year (eg fewer WPs, meaning marginally smaller First Lounge operating costs) outweigh the presumably substantial revenue loss (eg fewer people taking status runs, more people booking with competitors).

Personally, I think QF made a big mistake offering only 1 DSC this year, but I'm sure Qantas have their reasons.
I was in the business lounge at Sydney airport a few months back and it was full, no problems the staff there had told me that it been full all morning, and it wasn’t even school holidays, I thought to myself then that they would start culling the numbers, and so here it is.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts before things change because of the drop in revenue.
On a different subject, I was on a Philippines airlines last week and the aircraft was a new Airbus A300 brand new.
A couple of days later I was the Qantas flight to Sydney, a grubby old A330, I say grubby because even the toilets were well used and showed it, with one of the crew telling me that the aircraft had been swapped over from domestic duties.
No big deal, I just think as has been mentioned in other posts, the Qantas fleet is ageing.

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Not according to the T&Cs of the last offer I received:

An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this bonus Status Credits offer means any Qantas operated international flight with a QF flight number between Australia and London (via Perth or Singapore) where Status Credits are normally earned. Connecting domestic flights to/from the eligible Qantas gateways are not eligible for bonus Status Credits
Yes that's why i stipulated "the individual, targetted offers".
That one was a general offer.

Jacques Vert

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Yes that's why i stipulated "the individual, targetted offers".
That one was a general offer.
Fair enough; I thought it was a targeted offer - must have gone to a lot more than I realised:oops:

mviy

Established Member
Looking at another thread on this site it looks like I’ll be pleasantly surprised to be wrong though whether it’s a targeted offer or not remains to be seen.

RSD

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the next promotion is a DSC - they've used every other play in the play book that I can think of!

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sydneyairporttransport