Qantas Rewards Program Fee Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Not that I am signed up to it, but the Citi Qantas Rewards annual fee will be increased to $49 effective May 1, 2010.

From Citibank. For new cardholders, it would seem from their website it applies immediately

^ The annual Citi Qantas Rewards fee is $49. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citi Qantas Rewards Program. Membership of Citi Qantas Rewards does not entitle you to membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. You must apply separately to Qantas for this. Once Qantas Frequent Flyer points have been credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account they cannot be reversed. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program in order to earn or redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points. Membership and points of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program are subject to the terms and conditions of that program. A joining fee applies. Citi Qantas Rewards can be requested on card activation or after approval of new card by contacting CitiPhone on 1800 818 008.
Citi Platinum - Citibank Australia

The fee for the gold card is going up to $149 a year.

Looks like I'll be switching back to Citi rewards then.

Hi,
I received this notification with my statement too.

I have the Citibank "fee free for life" card - I presume they don't count this as their fee because it is for the Qantas program & this is not compulsory?

Has aAnyone else with a fee free card had any discussions with Citibank about this?

Gary.

As I recall, the offer was Annual fee free for life, rather than Fee free for life.

I have a print-out of the original offer at work, so I can find the original wording if you're interested. I had a look at it the other day when they put the fee up. While you could argue that the reward program is included in the "free for life", I don't think you could stretch it to the Qantas points.

IIRC, any "Free for life" offers that did exist, finished prior to the Qantas Rewards fee was introduced.

Those with a "Free for Life" account had the option of paying the fee to allow transference to QFF.

I chose not to go down this road and the card has continued to be free (although I do not use it very much).

The qantas fee just got charged on my card and its still $19. Though I never received the notice about the change though. Guess it's another year before they can charge me the new amount now.

The qantas fee just got charged on my card and its still $19. Though I never received the notice about the change though. Guess it's another year before they can charge me the new amount now.

It applies from May (and you should have had a notice included with your March statement)

Looks like I'll be switching back to Citi rewards then.

I thought I better redeem some of my Citibank points recently. Looking through their online catalogue I could not find anything that I really wanted. The rewards are the worst by far compared with Amex & CBA. And they charge delivery charges for items other than gift vouchers.

it is not on the statement itself but in an information booklet with your statement.

Mine says $49 fee from the next time the fee is due.... which is ~30 days out.

Makes the card $299/year .... bit exxy for a Visa with a points cap.

I thought I better redeem some of my Citibank points recently. Looking through their online catalogue I could not find anything that I really wanted. The rewards are the worst by far compared with Amex & CBA. And they charge delivery charges for items other than gift vouchers.

With this new fee I too have looked through their rewards catalogue and cannot find anything I want or that is of decent value - most redemptions are under 1c per $ spent (plus delivery fees). No idea what they charge for their Citi Flights (sic) - the one where you use your points to book revenue flights through their travel agency - I am guessing just as bad a conversion rate as the catalogue.

Has anyone found anything in the CitiRewards program that is of even a reasonable value for the points? I don't really fancy paying $49 for the privilege of accruing QF points - $19 is OK but $49 seems unreasonable IMHO.

Has anyone found anything in the CitiRewards program that is of even a reasonable value for the points? I don't really fancy paying $49 for the privilege of accruing QF points - $19 is OK but $49 seems unreasonable IMHO.

Technically it's $250 + $49 = $299/year! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back