Qantas Premier Money Card - on line application!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyAl

Not sure if this is the right place for this, so mods please feel free to move if required.
A week ago I decided to apply for a Qantas Premier Money Card, and to do it online.
After all, there were so many prompts on the QFF website and facebook, it seemed a good idea.
After filling in all the parts of the online application, and uploading the appropriate paperwork, I sat back and waited.
I started getting text messages saying check my email for new document requests. So I upload the documents AGAIN, that I sent with the original application.
In the process of doing this, I had the misfortune to have to make telephone contact with the call center.
In 3 phone calls, I had to keep asking the person on the other end to slow down and repeat themselves - I just could not understand what they were saying.
I'm guessing I was talking to Bombay, Delhi, Tazikistan or somewhere.
Today, I get another text for more info saying check my email for what they want - but no email.
So the whole phone process starts again with god knows how many ID checks and details to be told they want MORE information. This is probably one of the joys of owning ones own business and being self employed.
And again, understanding the people on the other end of the phone is a challenge.
Maybe this is normal, but I have to say, I'm just about over the whole experience, especially dealing the the language issues on the phone.
Rant over!!!!:eek:

And again, understanding the people on the other end of the phone is a challenge.
Maybe this is normal, but I have to say, I'm just about over the whole experience, especially dealing the the language issues on the phone.
Rant over!!!!:eek:

To be fair, understanding people on the internet can be just as challenging.

Would be nice if the Qantas Premier Credit Card had an Aust call centre, eh, instead of over there.
Edit: ahhh, issued by Citigroup (Citibank).
I now see the light of it all.
Sure the call centre is overseas.
Best of luck in getting the dream card!

You're effectively applying for a Citibank card branded as a QF card. The amount of hoops they make you go through is more like signing up to a mortgage than a CC! And yes, it will be India or Manila

You're effectively applying for a Citibank card branded as a QF card. The amount of hoops they make you go through is more like signing up to a mortgage than a CC! And yes, it will be India or Manila

Partial agree.

Anyone who went through the Qudos (nee Qantas Credit Union) sign up knows real pain and suffering. This can be bad, but honestly mine was really EASY. I had 1 call.. very clear, I could understand the fellow (who probably was in Manilla) very clearly and it was a quick call and all done in a few minutes.

Yes, I have read the combined threads on this card and some of the less easy experiences, but it's not ALWAYS horrendous. At least so far and I've been using the card for a month with only one issue that I discovered was my fault anyway (uh yeah if you put the wrong CCV in it's going to fail and then lock - as it should! :D )

What may be painful may be disconnecting from this card in 10 or so months :D

The amount of hoops they make you go through is more like signing up to a mortgage than a CC!
I have a terrible time with the application process, which seemed to be quite unable to cope with the concept that some income might be tax free. :shock:

After about 3 weeks of too-ing and fro-ing I finally got a rejection letter. Since I have a very strong financial position and a top-line Collins Street financial advisor to attest to it, this was just crazy. I wrote them a what the heck is going on letter, and again laid out my financial positing in a straightforward bullet-point form. I also raised some issues with the vetting process, including things including one operator who could not understand simple mathematical concepts..... such as a $60K annual amount (asked for in the on-line application) being equivalent to the $5K monthly amount asked for by the operator. :confused:

To my great surprise, within a week I had a (sort of) apology and a card on its way to me, which was subsequently received/activated! ;)

I'm over the "experience" - call me thin skinned, but I'm fed up trying to understand someone overseas. Had 2 more calls asking for more information, and 1 had to call back as I had no idea what they were trying to ask for. I own a retail business and normally don't answer my mobile when I'm in the store, but this time I made the mistake of answering.
No amount of "call me later, I'm busy in my store" made a difference, so I hung up.
All in all, I'm just fed up, and over it.
I'll go talk to my bank manager, and work something out with her! I "trust" her more than someone in an overseas call center.

Did I miss something or as the domestic spend earn just get card from 1 to 0.75 per $1 spent for first $3k?

I'm over the "experience" - call me thin skinned, but I'm fed up trying to understand someone overseas. Had 2 more calls asking for more information, and 1 had to call back as I had no idea what they were trying to ask for. I own a retail business and normally don't answer my mobile when I'm in the store, but this time I made the mistake of answering.
No amount of "call me later, I'm busy in my store" made a difference, so I hung up.
All in all, I'm just fed up, and over it.
I'll go talk to my bank manager, and work something out with her! I "trust" her more than someone in an overseas call center.
You don't want to do it, then just don't do it! Free money for nothing, it doesn't exist, yes there is a small amount of effort to take advantage of this. Not for you, that's great, that leaves more for those who are prepared to put in a bit of an effort. Don't get me wrong, I agree this can be a a bit of a pain, but really where did you get the idea that you'd get something for nothing? If you did, I can guarantee you, this isn't the right game for you.

Did I miss something or as the domestic spend earn just get card from 1 to 0.75 per $1 spent for first $3k?

There's now two cards. The Platinum and the Everyday.

The Everyday card is an entry level card, and has the earn rate you mention.

The original Platinum card has its original earn rate,

There's now two cards. The Platinum and the Everyday.

The Everyday card is an entry level card, and has the earn rate you mention.

The original Platinum card has its original earn rate,
Thanks. Wife deleted the email, accidentally, and then told me about it.

I have a terrible time with the application process, which seemed to be quite unable to cope with the concept that some income might be tax free. :shock:

After about 3 weeks of too-ing and fro-ing I finally got a rejection letter. Since I have a very strong financial position and a top-line Collins Street financial advisor to attest to it, this was just crazy. I wrote them a what the heck is going on letter, and again laid out my financial positing in a straightforward bullet-point form. I also raised some issues with the vetting process, including things including one operator who could not understand simple mathematical concepts..... such as a $60K annual amount (asked for in the on-line application) being equivalent to the $5K monthly amount asked for by the operator. :confused:

To my great surprise, within a week I had a (sort of) apology and a card on its way to me, which was subsequently received/activated! ;)

Two years on nothing changes! I am in a similar position. Are you able to recall to recall the address you wrote your letter to please? I’ve had enough with the call centre people saying for the last couple of weeks it’s being assessed

Last edited:

Lol! When reading the OP I thought 'this sounds like Citibank!' - and it seems it is.

I garee that dealing with Citi to set up any sort of account is laborious. Multiple calls, sometimes multiple requests for information, sometimes don't even get the product you thought you were getting. But there are some advantages such as cheap cash and never seems to get rejectd (where as 28 Degrees is sometimes over zealous in blocking transactions, like to Columbia :eek:)

Two years on nothing changes! I am in a similar position. Are you able to recall to recall the address you wrote your letter to please? I’ve had enough with the call centre people saying for the last couple of weeks it’s being assessed

So tried a Citibank chat line, can’t provide an address, says contact Qantas Money.

Message Qantas and they say here’s a link of contact info, of course no address.

Try Citibank chatline and just say it’s an address for the Credit card ( don’t mention Qantas). They give me an address !

Double check by ringing the Qantas Premier 1300 no, they say only have an email adddress, I say what about sending supplementary info if internet not working , they give me an address different to the other one.

Why is it so damn hard ? ( guess I’ll be writing to two addresses, but certainly no card for our Os trip in a weeks time )

Why is it so damn hard ? ( guess I’ll be writing to two addresses, but certainly no card for our Os trip in a weeks time )

I allowed a four week lead-in time to get a supplementary card on my account for a family member. I think it arrived just a couple of days before they left. Citi ain't fast.

This one worked for me:

QANTAS Money
GPO Box 3811
Sydney,
NSW, 2001

Thanks , I ended up with three GPO Box addresses ( didnt have your one either) and then had a brainwave, went onto Financial Ombudsman webpage and looked up contacts for the Qantas Money ACN , called them and lo and behold got someone to take an interest ( & responsibility - amazing when you ask for Employee ID no). Suffice to say today the card arrived in the mail. We are off on Monday ( business class via points )

Y
I allowed a four week lead-in time to get a supplementary card on my account for a family member. I think it arrived just a couple of days before they left. Citi ain't fast.

You can say that again! Turns out they couldn't access my Credit File report as were having "issues'. Well I took a screenshot of mine from Credit Savvy as well as Finders ( to corroborate the same info) said it was a true and correct record, and that got me back on track with the approval ( had also followed it up with Citi Customer Advocacy ( sourced a contact from Financial Ombudsman). Card arrived today !

Thanks , I ended up with three GPO Box addresses ( didnt have your one either) and then had a brainwave, went onto Financial Ombudsman webpage and looked up contacts for the Qantas Money ACN , called them and lo and behold got someone to take an interest ( & responsibility - amazing when you ask for Employee ID no). Suffice to say today the card arrived in the mail. We are off on Monday ( business class via points )
Im sort of in the same boat now. Since I submitted all documents 10 days ago I haven't heard anything. Multiple phone calls just returned with standard answer "we are at the final stage of assessing...."

How long should I wait before I go through FOS?

If I had listened to what they were saying, I would never had got my card before our trip! What have you got to lose? Just say what’s been happening and you’d like it sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back