Qantas passengers "forced" to travel on JetStar | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas passengers "forced" to travel on JetStar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi Flyer

dajop said:
Tend to agree with NM, seems reasonable. In this instance, my main concern would around FF points/SC's - if downgraded like this does one still earn FF points on JQ? If not the $60 compensation seems pretty meagre compared to the potential FF point/SC earn on SYD-HNL route (especially if any status was held).
I'd ask for the points/SCs after travel anyway (assuming they don't credit automatically). Whether or not I'd get them is a good question, but I would ask.

adrian

I wonder what happenned to the AA customers, who booked the QF flight under the AA flight number. Would they have been offered the Jetstar flight also? I'd probably be a bit peeved, particularly if I was doing the AA Platinum Challenge.

Having said that, apart from the issue with points for QF and AA passangers, I don't think there would be a lot to complain about on the Jetstar flight (altho I have never travelled them...)

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
NM said:
... And they would have received AVOD via a personal movie player with JQi, and would only have had the main screen projector to watch on a QF 767 on the HNL-SYD route. So I don't see it as a big issue for this particular situation.
Not quite correct; while they would have received headphone to watch the main screen entertainment. They still would have needed to pay additional ($12?) for the Personal AVOD unit.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
adrian said:
... Having said that, apart from the issue with points for QF and AA passangers, I don't think there would be a lot to complain about on the Jetstar flight (altho I have never travelled them...)
One big difference with the seats I find is that, with all other things being equal (e.g. Pitch/Width), that the leather seats can get quite 'sweaty'.

I would recommend if travelling on JQi that any traveller should pack a lightweight tracksuit or "sloppy joe" into their carry-on and change into them before trying to sleep. (Change back before descent commences) This will keep your day clothes far fresher than would otherwise be the case. This is true for StarClass as well.

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
dajop said:
Tend to agree with NM, seems reasonable. In this instance, my main concern would around FF points/SC's - if downgraded like this does one still earn FF points on JQ? If not the $60 compensation seems pretty meagre compared to the potential FF point/SC earn on SYD-HNL route (especially if any status was held).
If moved to a QF codeshare on the QF operated flight (as I would expect to be the case) then no issues at all for QF FF points and SCs. Perhaps an issue for AA miles, but AA are pretty good about providing miles compensation in such events and I would think it would be resolved with a phone call to AAdvantage. But would probably leave any AA Candy thieves a little short. But I very much doubt this was the case with the person in the media article.

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Not quite correct; while they would have received headphone to watch the main screen entertainment. They still would have needed to pay additional ($12?) for the Personal AVOD unit.
Thanks for the correction. So the "included" IFE would be the same for QF 767 and JQ A330 - though the A330 screen is probably easier on the eyes than the old tri-gun projectors on the QF 767s.

I would be investing $12 of my $60 compensation for a personal player and feeling that I was still ahead.

d15.in.oz

serfty said:
...the leather seats can get quite 'sweaty'....
I have to agree, a big difference to fabric seats.

Don't forget that JetStar has run a heap of adverts recently stating - StarClass is business for the price of economy .... so, with that in mind, if I had paid for a QF economy price range ticket, I would be expecting star class treatment!

In regards to AA - interestingly, JQi makes the standard QF OneWorld welcome on the intercom! They also welcome codeshare passengers from other airlineS (but don't mention which carriers they are).

d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz said:
...JetStar has run a heap of adverts recently stating - StarClass is business for the price of economy...
Sorry, slight misquote, just saw the ad on TV again last night - "business class for the price of standard economy" – builds the same customer perception though!

Also, makes me wonder why they called the back cabin "economy" - does that mean if you pay standard economy on JQ, you get upgraded to StarClass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonome