Qantas Holidays online booking in Full Economy?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by v8Statesman, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

Just playing around with Bookings - Holidays - Home Page and I noticed that in the Condidtions it states "Classed as economy fare for Status Credit Earn." Total price PER-BNE-ADL-PER (Not my routing choice) is Total Package Price
    $878.84 (AUD) Not bad with 1 night accomadation and Full Y SC

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    But probably wrong. It would be a red-e-deal.

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I had a look yesterday and the tix it was offering me (BNE-SYD) were Discount economy.

Perhaps discount economy fares are sold out on the dates you are trying, or the site is incorrect?

4. v8Statesman

Typing this on my phone on board QF767. Will book one when I get home and see what happens.

5. v8Statesman

Trying to book the tickets now and would you belive that the holiday section of the site is down :(. Anyone else having problems?

6. v8Statesman

Well I got it booked and here are the Flight Condidtions

Flight out: Red E-deal

Travel Class
    Economy
    Booking Changes
    Changes can be made by calling 1300 HOLIDAY .
    Changes before the day of scheduled departure:
    Your original fare may be used as credit towards the payment of a new fare of equal or higher value, provided the new fare conditions are met.
    At the time of making the change you must pay:
    The change fee of AUD 38.50 per person (inclusive of GST)
    Any fare difference
    Any difference between the Fare and Taxes for your new booking and the original fare
    Your new booking must be for travel anywhere on the Qantas network within 12 months of the date that the original ticket was issued. However, you cannot re-book and travel on the same day.
    Changes on the day of scheduled departure:
    Not permitted. Loss of fare.
    Name Changes
    Not permitted
    Cancellations (including no show)
    Before the day of scheduled departure:
    Re-booking - see 'Booking Changes' above.
    Ticket value can be used towards payment for a new booking for travel anywhere on the Qantas network within 12 months of the date that the original ticket was issued. However, you cannot re-book and travel on the same day.
    No refund.
    On the day of scheduled departure:
    Not permitted. Loss of fare.
    Children / Infants
    Any discounts applicable to infants & children are included in the package price.
    Infants (under 2 years) without a seat travel free of charge.
    Infants must be accompanied, with a maximum of one infant per adult travelling.
    Qantas Frequent Flyer
    Classed as economy fare for Status Credit Earn.
    Minimum 1,000 Frequent Flyer points.

It clearly states that it is a red e-deal, but it also clearly states economy for status credit earn. There is nothing about not being able to upgade either.