Qantas Frequent Flyer Amex Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansettrule

Intern
While at the airport the other day I was approached by Amex reps to get me to sign up for Amex Qf card with 17500 points bonus.
I already have Platinum card and was confused as to if this would replace that card or be another card all together.
My question to anybody that can help is this-- Can you transfer Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to Malaysia Airlines Enrich Points ???
I am off to UK in 3 months and am close to upgrading all sectors to Business Class with Malaysia Airlines.
The 17500 points would come in handy and would put me over the limit I require.
With all of the frequent flyer programs around you get confused about which can go where.
Any help would be good as the Amex people were no help at all.
Thankyou

ansettrule said:
My question to anybody that can help is this-- Can you transfer Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to Malaysia Airlines Enrich Points ???
You cannot transfer Qantas FF points into any other program. Once points are in the QF FF program they can only be used for Qantas FF award redemptions.

American Express Membership Rewards points can be transferred to MH at a rate of 2 MR points for 1 Enrich point.

NM said:
American Express Membership Rewards points can be transferred to MH at a rate of 2 MR points for 1 Enrich point.

..but just to clarify, the QF AMEX doesn't use Membership Rewards, it credits directly into your QFF account, where you can't do anything else with them other than spend them or let them expire. :)

Still, 17,500 will get you an upgrade or two on a short fare. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs said:
..but just to clarify, the QF AMEX doesn't use Membership Rewards, it credits directly into your QFF account, where you can't do anything else with them other than spend them or let them expire. :)

Still, 17,500 will get you an upgrade or two on a short fare. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.
Which is one of the key reasons I do not have a QF Amex card! And why I specifically identified it as Membership Rewards points that can be transferred to MH Enrich (and QF and SPG etc).

I prefer to have my 220K points in Amex at the moment and I can chose where they end up, rather than having them in QF where I am stuck with using them on poor value awards.

NM said:
Which is one of the key reasons I do not have a QF Amex card! And why I specifically identified it as Membership Rewards points that can be transferred to MH Enrich (and QF and SPG etc).

I know, just clearing it up incase there was any confusion on the OP's end. :)

And just to clarify further...

You can have 2 different AMEX cards..

So you can have the Maximiser for your normal spending....with points stockpiled there....

....and take out a QANTAS one as well to snaffle the points...at no cost as long as you cancel it before your first "free" year is up and the $195 is charged...so even if a high burn rate...it is still free points and hencea good deal.
...and if you have a spouse.....take out an extra one and get 35000 points:)

Terms and conditions are that you have to apply at the Qf terminal amex stand only.
I rang amex the other day and they didn't know about the promotion.
Go figure ??
You may have to go to the terminal at your airport.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That sounds a bit strange; AFAIK the Airport Sprukers get a commission per approved card and in those cases no fee free.

Lonely Flyer said:
Is the offer still available online. If so. Where?
It's still on and you don't have to go to a terminal.
My life. My card.
But you have to apply by 01/02/2007 !
It' not fee free though includes 17500 points deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back