Qantas First Class Seat Preferences

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by gene, Dec 18, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. gene

gene Newbie

Dec 18, 2006
    My wife and I have First Class Seats 4 E & F on LA Sydney LA( Qantas 008 and 107) The airplane is the Boeing 747-400. In looking at at Airline Portal for Insider Information on Airline Seats and Finding the Best Legroom, Recline and Locations on Your Next Airline Flight it appears that seats 4 E & F may be very very close to the single seats on each side (4 A & K) Would First Class seats 2 E & F be better choices? We have not flown this flight and would sincerely appreciate the input of those who have. Thank you.

2. SF&

SF& Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Adelaide
    both similar i'd say flew 1K and 1A both i was alone tough you may have more room to stand up in front of 2E & 2F theirs plenty of room as much as you are going to get anyway!!

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Welcome to AFF gene :)

I wouldn't worry - the seats aren't that close together.

4. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    There is more space between the centre seats and the window seats in row 3, but it's all good in F.

5. pacblue

pacblue Intern

Dec 2, 2005
    Australia
    You're in F - and any seat is a good seat in F !.

IMHO.:D

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Its true that it is all good in F. However I did find that a window seat was better than an aisle seat on CX and a window seat towards the back was better too. That gave me more space on my right hand side.

7. rhjames

rhjames Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Seats 1A and K have difficult access to overhead storage. You have to almost stand on anyone lying down in E of F to get to the lockers. When flying alone I prefer 2 or 3 windows. I've never flown 1st class with anyone else, but would suggest 2 or 3 E/F are best. I've never sat in 4 - my recollection is that there's plenty of room anywhere.

Enjoy