Qantas First Class menus

P1_SIN-LHR_AUG26 and P8_DFW-SYD_AUG26
No wine list given on QF8, it was similar to QF1.
Don't think I've had a decent red onboard QF F post-covid.
 

Attachments

  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-1.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-1.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 30
  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-2.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-2.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 33
  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-3.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-3.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 27
  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-wine.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-wine.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 22
  • QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-1.jpg
    QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-1.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 23
  • QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-2.jpg
    QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 22
  • QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-3.jpg
    QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-3.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 29
P1_SIN-LHR_AUG26 and P8_DFW-SYD_AUG26
No wine list given on QF8, it was similar to QF1.
Don't think I've had a decent red onboard QF F post-covid.
They had Tolpuddle pinot for a year which is the best wine they have had in living memory. Then they replaced it with a $30 pinot last year and the menu hasn't changed since.
 
They had Tolpuddle pinot for a year which is the best wine they have had in living memory. Then they replaced it with a $30 pinot last year and the menu hasn't changed since.
I've had Old Block, St Henri onboard before. Also read RWT has been served in the past.

Not a real pinot fan, so I can't comment, but I can't imagine it's up there with a first growth Bordeaux, Burgundy, Grange, etc
 
Why would they call the fish 'garoupa'? I understand that's a term used in some parts of Asia, but in English and in Australia I think its nearly always 'grouper'? Same fish - why the pretentious fancy word?
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Why would they call the fish 'garoupa'? I understand that's a term used in some parts of Asia, but in English and in Australia I think its nearly always 'grouper'? Same fish - why the pretentious fancy word?
Not really pretentious - the word  garoupa came first; grouper is the anglicised corruption.

I learned it as garoupa first, and that was within an English context. I believe it was on a Cathay Pacific menu.
 
I've had Old Block, St Henri onboard before. Also read RWT has been served in the past.

Not a real pinot fan, so I can't comment, but I can't imagine it's up there with a first growth Bordeaux, Burgundy, Grange, etc
I can’t understand why Qantas can’t have international wines. All the major carriers go outside their home markets to have a wide range of Italian and French red wines.
 
I can’t understand why Qantas can’t have international wines. All the major carriers go outside their home markets to have a wide range of Italian and French red wines.
I can understand the intention, given the diverse local wine industry.
However, what I find very disappointing is the low level of wines that QF nowadays chooses for F - clearly cost cutting in my view and not aligned with the prices charged at all.
 
I can understand the intention, given the diverse local wine industry.
However, what I find very disappointing is the low level of wines that QF nowadays chooses for F - clearly cost cutting in my view and not aligned with the prices charged at all.
I find in some cases it’s better to have wine in the lounge (ex-LHR at the CX or EK lounges) than onboard which is saying something

I have given this feedback on the surveys so many times yet no action has been taken
 
Not really pretentious - the word  garoupa came first; grouper is the anglicised corruption.

I learned it as garoupa first, and that was within an English context. I believe it was on a Cathay Pacific menu.
Yes, it’s the Anglicised corruption that we use in Australia so why not use that term?

I don’t mean dumb down the whole thing but if it’s not a commonly used expression and probably not commonly understood, then don’t use it. People should be able to understand what’s in the food they’ve been offered.

I’m pretty well travelled but there are frequently terms on Qantas menus that I don’t understand. A couple of times when I’ve asked the Cabin crew they didn’t know either!
 
Yes, it’s the Anglicised corruption that we use in Australia so why not use that term?

I don’t mean dumb down the whole thing but if it’s not a commonly used expression and probably not commonly understood, then don’t use it. People should be able to understand what’s in the food they’ve been offered.

I’m pretty well travelled but there are frequently terms on Qantas menus that I don’t understand. A couple of times when I’ve asked the Cabin crew they didn’t know either!
Well, see that's the odd thing. I've seen garoupa even in Australia more than  grouper; truth told, this is the first time I've actually thought about that both words refer to the same fish. We obviously turn in different circles, but in no way is mine more upper class (perhaps less Anglo-Australian and more Asian).

So in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with  garoupa at all, and for me it comes to mind first compared to the other spelling.

I get that using some terms for various food items can be confusing for those that are not familiar with it or the cuisine from where it comes or is derived from. We've had this argument before; I just don't think it really holds strongly in this particular case.

The crew, particularly in First, should know what the dishes are. It's First Class - like any decent restaurant, they need to know their wares. Don't they get cheat sheets or illustrative guides, e.g. to help prep the food? Also, wouldn't they need to have such info to include list of ingredients to check for allergens? I've been on a E90 CBR-BNE flight where the FA appeared to have enough information on hand to confirm the absence of an allergen for a travel companion. Surely in this case, an FA should at least know that a garoupa is a white fish.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top