Qantas First Class menus

P1_SIN-LHR_AUG26 and P8_DFW-SYD_AUG26
No wine list given on QF8, it was similar to QF1.
Don't think I've had a decent red onboard QF F post-covid.
 

Attachments

  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-1.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-1.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 28
  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-2.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-2.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 30
  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-3.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-3.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 24
  • QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-wine.jpg
    QF1 SIN-LHR September 2026-wine.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 19
  • QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-1.jpg
    QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-1.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 20
  • QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-2.jpg
    QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 19
  • QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-3.jpg
    QF8 DFW-SYD September 2026-3.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 27
P1_SIN-LHR_AUG26 and P8_DFW-SYD_AUG26
No wine list given on QF8, it was similar to QF1.
Don't think I've had a decent red onboard QF F post-covid.
They had Tolpuddle pinot for a year which is the best wine they have had in living memory. Then they replaced it with a $30 pinot last year and the menu hasn't changed since.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

They had Tolpuddle pinot for a year which is the best wine they have had in living memory. Then they replaced it with a $30 pinot last year and the menu hasn't changed since.
I've had Old Block, St Henri onboard before. Also read RWT has been served in the past.

Not a real pinot fan, so I can't comment, but I can't imagine it's up there with a first growth Bordeaux, Burgundy, Grange, etc
 
Why would they call the fish 'garoupa'? I understand that's a term used in some parts of Asia, but in English and in Australia I think its nearly always 'grouper'? Same fish - why the pretentious fancy word?
 
Why would they call the fish 'garoupa'? I understand that's a term used in some parts of Asia, but in English and in Australia I think its nearly always 'grouper'? Same fish - why the pretentious fancy word?
Not really pretentious - the word  garoupa came first; grouper is the anglicised corruption.

I learned it as garoupa first, and that was within an English context. I believe it was on a Cathay Pacific menu.
 
I've had Old Block, St Henri onboard before. Also read RWT has been served in the past.

Not a real pinot fan, so I can't comment, but I can't imagine it's up there with a first growth Bordeaux, Burgundy, Grange, etc
I can’t understand why Qantas can’t have international wines. All the major carriers go outside their home markets to have a wide range of Italian and French red wines.
 
I can’t understand why Qantas can’t have international wines. All the major carriers go outside their home markets to have a wide range of Italian and French red wines.
I can understand the intention, given the diverse local wine industry.
However, what I find very disappointing is the low level of wines that QF nowadays chooses for F - clearly cost cutting in my view and not aligned with the prices charged at all.
 
I can understand the intention, given the diverse local wine industry.
However, what I find very disappointing is the low level of wines that QF nowadays chooses for F - clearly cost cutting in my view and not aligned with the prices charged at all.
I find in some cases it’s better to have wine in the lounge (ex-LHR at the CX or EK lounges) than onboard which is saying something

I have given this feedback on the surveys so many times yet no action has been taken
 
Not really pretentious - the word  garoupa came first; grouper is the anglicised corruption.

I learned it as garoupa first, and that was within an English context. I believe it was on a Cathay Pacific menu.
Yes, it’s the Anglicised corruption that we use in Australia so why not use that term?

I don’t mean dumb down the whole thing but if it’s not a commonly used expression and probably not commonly understood, then don’t use it. People should be able to understand what’s in the food they’ve been offered.

I’m pretty well travelled but there are frequently terms on Qantas menus that I don’t understand. A couple of times when I’ve asked the Cabin crew they didn’t know either!
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top