Qantas extends status extensions until June 2022

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Qantas Frequent Flyer will continue to offer status extensions to members with Silver or higher status due to expire between now and June 2022, in an acknowledgement of the current (dire) travel situation in Australia.

To activate this offer, Australian and New Zealand based members would need to book at least one new Qantas flight by the end of their current membership year, for travel until June 2022. By activating the offer, status credits earned in this membership year will also be rolled over to the next year.

AFF article here:

Full T&Cs on the Qantas website: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/status-and-clubs/status/status-support.html

levelnine

Gives a good idea of the approach Qantas is going to take moving forward with respect to status extensions. My guess is they'll be pushed to extend it to 12+ months after the last big lockdown (eg to December 2022 if the last lockdown is December 2021), which given the state of Sydney at the moment, might need to be late 2022.

muppet

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Quite a generous offer for those who qualify …. as was the last similar offer for 2021.

I wonder why, which each seperate status extension offer, Qantas randomly excludes a small set of membership expiry months?

This offer only excludes July expiry …. Wonder what opportunity July presents for travel that June and August don’t? 🧐

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Seat0B

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
It is a very clear message that QF want to keep all their status fliers still connected and feeling positive for when this wretched time is finally over. It seems win-win to me. We get to keep our status for future use, they get to keep our loyalty and goodwill, along with the fact that providing status benefits at the moment really can’t be costing them too much at all given how few people are able to fly.

Good on you Qantas. And thank you.

Seat0B

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Quite a generous offer for those who qualify …. as was the last similar offer for 2021.

I wonder why, which each seperate status extension offer, Qantas randomly excludes a small set of membership expiry months?

This offer only excludes July expiry …. Wonder what opportunity July presents for travel that June and August don’t? 🧐
😆 Maybe just want to spread the “pain” around as earlier offers have excluded or offered less to peo0le with different year dates - I have lost the details now but was affected negatively by something earlier on with a 31 March end date 😆

No really I think they just look forward as far as they are able to under current conditions, and they are certainly showing willingness to look after members, so I hope and expect they will look after people with July dates too.

motef

I am a July expiry and so excluded. Maybe something big is coming in July 2022.

Oh well i will wait and see what happens

kamchatsky

Established Member
I wonder if VA will do the same as I am Gold until end of September? I am only QF Silver so I don't care too much about retaining status ....

runway16R

Qantas
Gold
Great news and entirely unexpected for it to have so few strings attached. Will continue trying to earn as many 'ground SC' as possible this year knowing these will be rolled over.

What are the main ground SC options? A few CC sign-ups, and BP offers from time to time?

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
What are the main ground SC options? A few CC sign-ups, and BP offers from time to time?

At the moment yes, CC sign ups are the main one and BP as you mention.

But keep an eye on Qantas Health insurance (not for the actual insurance component...) and Red Energy, I expect we will see ground SCs start to pick back up given this announcement.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I have end October expiry and had already Qualified to Oct 2022 with a (flown) booking on the prior scheme.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online