Qantas Credit Union - Platinum Visa - 1pt per $1 with 30k bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, there are very few cards that approve of ATO use. In the past there has been positive reports though.

Technically, there are very few cards that approve of ATO use.
Although that "technical" is based on an interpretation that is pretty dodgy, i.e. that TAX is a Government charge. Despite the attempt of politicians to obfuscate the issue and confuse us all, tax and government charges are NOT one and the same!

Technically, there are very few cards that approve of ATO use. In the past there has been positive reports though.

I see the technicality as the part of T&C that exclude Business Expenses.

Not with 1:1 points earning potential. Check out this site for an easy comparison of all the cards that earn Qantas points.

Qantas Credit Card Selector

I've run the comparison on the Qantas website. The cards I compared were the MECU, QantasCU, Jetstar master card and Suncorp Clear (I think).

My needs are 1 supplementary card. Suncorp clear comes out on fees at $148, with 120000 annual cap but no extra 1 spend for Qantas spend. Equal with Qantas CU at $195 include sup card and extra 1 point for qantas spend. MECU would cost me $250 a year - might as well go to Mac Platinum (defeats the purpose) or HSBC. Jetstar card is $188 with no extra point for Qantas spend. Qantas CU is about the best overall.

Or I just suck it up, Kill EDR card, use my Citibank signature card, or the co-branded fee free NAB card and get over the lower points earning on visa/mastercard

Does the Qantas Credit union csrd have an annual points cap? The other cards I have been looking at do eg HSBC with 300k cap, Suncorp with 120K cap

Does the Qantas Credit union csrd have an annual points cap? The other cards I have been looking at do eg HSBC with 300k cap, Suncorp with 120K cap
No points cap with QF Credit Union Plat Visa. Have one very happy. My points appear in my FF account about day 2 of the month before I pay the account in full. No quite sure what would happen if I only paid the minimum amount.

The Qantas credit union visa currently has a 30k point sign up bonus. Pays 1pt per $1, $195 annual fee. Maybe an alternative to the outgoing Woolworths card, if you know what i mean :)

https://www.qantascu.com.au/credit-cards-visa-platinum-credit-card.html

No points cap with QF Credit Union Plat Visa. Have one very happy. My points appear in my FF account about day 2 of the month before I pay the account in full. No quite sure what would happen if I only paid the minimum amount.
Excellent. This could be the card for me to replace the WOW MC :)

Excellent. This could be the card for me to replace the WOW MC :)

Agree. I've been looking at this since late late year. Called in at the QCU office in Niddrie on Friday and put in an application. Nice people. Sure, the annual fee is hefty but as others have pointed out in AFF that's the way full-feature Platinum cards are heading if they're not there already. Live with it.

I've been looking into the T&Cs. There is no cap mentioned. As I posted on another thread 'ineligible transactions' include the usual 'business transactions' and also BPay transactions.

I can't see why reasonable levels of of ATO transactions would not go through. The T&Cs say 'ineligible' is as determined by QCU (rather than VISA). I would have thought determining this would be a mammoth exercise. As long as you don't go overboard you should be OK. 'Overboard' would be what got an AFFer's HSBC card cancelled early last year with no discussion: $150,000 tax in one transaction.

One downside is foreign transactions are more expensive than Mastercard. That's VISA not QCU. I can avoid most of that that by using Qantas Cash.

A 3 day wait started tonight for me. I need a QF point a dollar card so I applied for it.

QCU called to advise my card was approved but with a $10,000 limit instead of the requested $20,000. I can apply for an increase in 6 months.

The lass was at pains to explain the card is for personal expenditure and business expenses don't earn points. I guess they noticed from the statements I had to submit that I've been putting $50,000+ a month through Woolworths Money on a $10,500 limit and annual income not much more than the monthly charges.

Other than ATO I don't think they'll be able to do much. I haven't heard, on AFF, of anyone getting knocked back on points for business expenses.

I have had to supply 3 months of each credit card multiplied by many so my application is a work in progress. Never had to supply so much to anyone else. I just want it for my personal stuff that only take a Visa or MasterCard at one QF point per dollar.

Just off the phone to the call centre staff. They are really lovely (hopefully lovely enough to give me a card ;) )
I'll have to submit my documents tomorrow. Apparently they are snowed under with applications at the minute :rolleyes:

Just off the phone to the call centre staff. They are really lovely (hopefully lovely enough to give me a card ;) )
I'll have to submit my documents tomorrow. Apparently they are snowed under with applications at the minute :rolleyes:

I drove across town to visit the Niddie office and filled out everything on the spot, with statements emailed on returning home. That speeded things up. I'm up and running on a savings account with the credit card due in a day or two.

I sent off the application on Saturday. Received a letter today welcoming me to QCU. Very fast service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back