Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas Club Perth International

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linds1982

Hi
I know Qantas does not fly internationally out of Perth anymore. I am a member of the Qantas Club and flying with Jetstar to Bali next month.
Will I be able to use the club as I could before? What other airlines use the Qantas lounge?

Thanks
Lindsey

Danger

It's probably worth trying to compile a complete list of the airlines that use the QF lounge in order to get a better idea if the lounge will be open for a particular JQ departure. I don't rely too much on the times posted on the QF website.

To my knowledge, CX, SA and NZ use the QF lounge. Add in TG and that's four. QR doesn't (they use the MH lounge).

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
It's probably worth trying to compile a complete list of the airlines that use the QF lounge in order to get a better idea if the lounge will be open for a particular JQ departure. I don't rely too much on the times posted on the QF website.

To my knowledge, CX, SA and NZ use the QF lounge. Add in TG and that's four. QR doesn't (they use the MH lounge).
QR does now I believe, check the OneWorld site for Perth and you'll see the QR logo has now moved to QF lounge. They've done the same in melb moved from air new Zealand lounge to qf lounge.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Danger

QR does now I believe, check the OneWorld site for Perth and you'll see the QR logo has now moved to QF lounge. They've done the same in melb moved from air new Zealand lounge to qf lounge.
Oh. Okay, interesting. I sort of wonder how long the MH lounge in Perth will be around. With three oneworld carriers plus Qantas surely it would make sense for a combined oneworld lounge, with provisions for JQ passengers.

Sethor

Oh. Okay, interesting. I sort of wonder how long the MH lounge in Perth will be around. With three oneworld carriers plus Qantas surely it would make sense for a combined oneworld lounge, with provisions for JQ passengers.
IMO it would make sense for MH to close & use the QF lounge & SQ to expand into the old MH area.

Virgin Bart

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Hi all

I'll be in this lounge next Saturday. Am just wondering if someone had a quick review/tips/warnings about it?

Cheers

liparj

Don't expect much would be my tip!
Fair call, underwhelming and unattractive is how I'd describe it...Far from the biggest QP I've been to, almost reminiscent of a regional lounge..

On the plus side they do have a good barista but food is patchy at best...wines are OK but I'm yet to taste anything memorable...

Having said that, I have been to worse lounges..

Last edited:

Virgin Bart

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Oh wow, heaps to look forward to then! Thanks guys, I have 4 hours there so I'll post thoughts then.

Sprucegoose

It wasn't much chop in its hey day. Emirates would have the best lounge at Perth international.

ChrisDPom

Flights
My Map
They have spruced it up a bit and it is the best in WA (Broome and Kal are billy basic to say the least).

One be warning from experience in March is sometimes they don't open it.

Had a compulsory Jetstar to Bali with my son and his mate. Complimentary card for son's mate and I could take my son in as Club member.

10.00am ish flight. Turned up early to enjoy the lounge.

Lounge closed. :(

To say I was unhappy was an understatement!!

Chris

Virgin Bart

Established Member
Flights
My Map
They have spruced it up a bit and it is the best in WA (Broome and Kal are billy basic to say the least).

One be warning from experience in March is sometimes they don't open it.

Had a compulsory Jetstar to Bali with my son and his mate. Complimentary card for son's mate and I could take my son in as Club member.

10.00am ish flight. Turned up early to enjoy the lounge.

Lounge closed. :(

To say I was unhappy was an understatement!!

Chris
Noted. Thanks! I'll call the day before and base my expectations on that. Cheers

clazman

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Try the Port Hedland lounge, 10 trips only got in once, a broom closet would be bigger

Virgin Bart

Established Member
Flights
My Map
As promised... Flying to AUH with EY, in QP PER.

Better than I expected. Ok size for what is needed, one hot meal with a hot starter and the usual toasted sandwich option. Not east coast standard, but still very nice. NB the rum helps. ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1414824551.370180.jpg ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1414824579.890085.jpg ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1414824598.987781.jpg ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1414824620.639633.jpg

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member