Qantas Club Access

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by hammo81, Oct 22, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. hammo81

hammo81 Junior Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Brisbane
    Just need some information On Qantas Club.

I am travelling on a oneworld around the world ticket and need info on lounge access in different airports.

What lounge's can I access when using Qantas club memebership on economy class travel.

Bne-Lax Travelling QF

Lax-Las Travelling AA(American eagle)

Las-Chi(OHare) Travelling AA

Chi(oHare)-Lhr Traveling BA

Lhr-Hgk Travelling QF--hoping to use FF points to upgrade to Business class!! Fingers croseed:D

Hkg-Bne Travelling CX

Has anyone done the Qf 30 out of Heathrow and recieved the upgrade?

Can I check-in at the business class line while travelling Economy?

Any info would be helpful.

2. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

With a paid Qantas Club membership you can access QF, BA, AA and US lounges when your next onward flight is on that carrier - so you will be fine for all flights, apart from your CX flight.

Dave

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    You will not get lounge access at Las Vegas since there is no Admirals Club there as well as before the CX flight as mentioned by thadocta

Dave

4. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Oops - never flown in or out of Las Vegas (only ever driven) so was not aware of this regarding AAdmirals Club.

Dave

5. If you are registered for a business class upgrade you can check in the the business class queue

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Is the same for status driven membership? I wil be AA plat soon (currently QF SG) and although I am flying J most of the time I was wondering if I flew Y on CX - could I access the lounge?

7. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    As a OneWorld Sapphire member, you get access to any OneWorld business lounge when departing on a OneWorld flight, so there is no problem accessing lounges of CX.

Dave

8. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Other than thousands of poker machines, there are very few facilities at LAS airport.

9. bluRider

bluRider Junior Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Perth
    gotta love those poker machines ... the moment you step off the plane into the terminal - BAM - they're there!

10. flyer4703

flyer4703 Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Brisbane
    Have done the QF30 out of LHR several times and have managed an upgrade on points every time I have requested it.
    I usually only book my flights a few days before travel so dont get on the upgrade list early.
    Good Luck

11. Pilotdude09

Pilotdude09 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Karratha, WA
    According to QF, yes you can aslong as it is a Qantas operated flight with a Qantas flight number, also to add to that gave QF a call a while ago and asked about checking in at SYD for LAX and the operator said "it would be absolutley no problem, and that checking in at HNL for SYD would be fine as well"

Cheers

12. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    On the itinerary given, the only places where the person can use the Qantas Club/Business class queues are at BNE and LHR, since at LAX/LAS/ORD/HKG the flights are operated by AA/BA/CX and Qantas Club membership does not allow for business class check in except for QF OPERATED flights and the only flights operated by Qantas in the itinerary are ex BNE and ex LHR

Dave