Qantas Closing Lounges, Including All International & Chairmans Lounges | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas Closing Lounges, Including All International & Chairmans Lounges

dkr

In better times, this should give QF a chance to refurbish the SYD Q club, Intl J, MEL intl J and eventually SYD dom J once the dom Q club was refreshed.. But they may not want to spend any money doing renos right now..

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
In better times, this should give QF a chance to refurbish the SYD Q club, Intl J, MEL intl J and eventually SYD dom J once the dom Q club was refreshed.. But they may not want to spend any money doing renos right now..
That has moved near the bottom of a very long list

kermatu

Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
How about public servants, and partners thereof?

collcars

Has this happened already, I was planning to use Melbourne first tomorrow,but if this is the case I won’t go to the airport as early as I planned too.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Has this happened already, I was planning to use Melbourne first tomorrow,but if this is the case I won’t go to the airport as early as I planned too.
I'd have thought the lounges will remain open until the suspension of flights at the end of the month...

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
MEL Qantas Club shut today. Everyone directed to J lounge where I had to explain to the bouncer I have arrivals access.

50% full at most.

eastwest101

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Isn't the closure of the Chairmans Lounges an excellent illustration of the "soft power" that Qantas wields in the corridors of power? Those CL's will pay for themselves hundreds of times over this year.

Does anyone know whether the international lounges have already closed? Or would they be closed at the same time as the international flights are grounded? Flying back home through Narita tomorrow and was hoping for a lounge visit before my mandatory quarantine! Would be sad if it's already closed.

collcars

Does anyone know whether the international lounges have already closed? Or would they be closed at the same time as the international flights are grounded? Flying back home through Narita tomorrow and was hoping for a lounge visit before my mandatory quarantine! Would be sad if it's already closed.
I was able to access Melbourne first today, only 4 people in there though

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackmia