qantas cash -v- anz amex ff credit card -v- anz ff credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada

Intern
hi, I will b traveling to hk, Canada and america, which card would U reommend out of these? Amex 2 points oer $, anz ff 1 point per $, Qantas .5 points per $ although main priority is cheapest card.
Thanks

If your priority is cheapest card then go with Citibank debit card with zero currency fees. Also no points but you'll be saving 3.3%+ per transaction.

If points are still valuable I'd be going whatever card gives u the most per $ as all their currency conversion fees are similar.... Even the qantas cash card is 3%+

If you have the space in your wallet and meet the requirements, consider bankwest qantas platinum, .75 point per dollar, no forex fee (platinum only), and at the moment 50k joining bonus points for the $160 annual fee.

You may be able to upgrade it to a world mastercard to get 1pp$ and extra insurance too.

Thanks.
I doubt I would qualify for any more credit cards so will look at the Citibank debit card. Thanks, good to know about the platinum too though.

Are you talking about cards to use overseas or gain points in Aus?

If to use overseas I like the Anz travel card, no points but no exchange fees

28 degrees works well for non cash withdrawals and Citibank debit cards for cash withdrawals will save you between 3% and about 5% of your travel money. Travel cards and airline cash cards are very expensive so the idea of losing $50 per thousand dollars is quite unappealing.

I think that any other credit card is better than QCC if you can get any other card approved.
If for some reason, you can't get approval, or have done the chase in the past and keep getting denied credit approval, then the QCC is the best.
I have had bad credit in the past, so QCC is best for me.
Odd that QCC does approve me when my QCC is in the red, NOT intentionally, but transaction went into pending, even with my balance being low, and I went into the
"red" in pending mode.
Have done a bank transfer, so the transaction should be processed, but I am just surprised that QCC will let me go into the "red".
If I had a higher income level, I would go for a 0.75points:$1 spent or more credit card.
QCC has to make some $, but I do wish they would bring in a 1point:Aud$1 (domestic) spend, after all, we are 99.9% using our own money, and there is not too much of a risk we would go deep into hock, unlike a true true credit card.
EDIT: for the OP, QCC's overseas spend on the Aud$ is 1point:Aud$1.
Domestic its 0.5points:Aud$1 all right.

Travel cards and airline cash cards are very expensive so the idea of losing $50 per thousand dollars is quite unappealing.
Yet I still see many people purchasing them. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back