Qantas Business Travel Show

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by newflyer, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. newflyer

newflyer Intern

Sep 19, 2005
    The 'Berra (ACT)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #1 newflyer, Oct 15, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
    Hi all,

Just got into the office this morning to find an invite (via email) to come along to the Qantas Business Travel Show lunch in late October. Their regional biz manager is hosting it, and apparently, it's a means of saying thanks for the gazillion miles I feel like I've flown in the past year or so.

Anyone else get one?

2. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

What state are you in? I looked at your profile but it is not listed.

3. newflyer

newflyer Intern

Sep 19, 2005
    The 'Berra (ACT)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Sorry - I'm in Canberra, and the lunch/show is scheduled for Thursday 25 October, at the National Convention Centre.

4. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nothing here. :evil:

5. Rune

Rune Junior Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Canberra
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Qantas run a lunch every year in Canberra - I have been going for the past 4-5 years. Lots of suppliers exhibit to try and capture some of the government travel dollar. Usually some good prizes too.

Unfortunately I can't make it this year.

-Rune.

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I dont suppose it is connected with all those Government agencies and politicians being based in Canberra is it...

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I had an ADL based client who was top level QF for many many years. He used to get invited to the SA versions of these meets every year. Once I and TGTWWM went along with him as Guests - quite interesting session.

It was basically as Rune posted - the time I went the major door prize was 2 x return J flights ADL/SIN to promote that route.

8. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    I have been invited to the Perth one the past 2 years, but only went last year. Was quite nice, even if just for the eye candy (seems many pax dont have time to go and send their PA's instead):D .

9. significance

significance Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Canberra
    Re: Qantas Corporate Travel Show

I realise I'm adding to this thread two years later, but I have just received an invitation to this year's Qantas Corporate Travel show in Canberra. I don't think I'll learn anything useful, so is it worth going for the chance of a prize and the free lunch? How good/how many prizes are there? And is the lunch just soggy meeting sandwiches, or something better?

10. Hvr

Hvr Senior Member

Jun 27, 2007
    MEL
    Went last year and just got my invite for this year. They actually do quite a nice stand up meal. Won some free Sydney accommodation last year. Basically as you enter they give you a lucky number and you walk around to see which stand has your number and claim your prize.

There seemed to be quite a few prizes on offer around the place. If you're not too far away it can be worth a look.

11. significance

significance Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Canberra
    Thanks for the helpful info. Perhaps I will go.