Qantas Amex Ultimate card free flight!

Discussion in 'American Express Rewards' started by holdenvxman, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Yesterday I spoke to a guy about canceling, anyway to keep me on he offered to wave my fee that is due to go on tomorrow, I asked him about the flights and he said I had until 1900 today to ring and claim this years flight, I called and they closed at 1800 ( I had been at work all day ) then the lady I spoke to stated that I had a couple of days grace and stated that I had to do it on the anniversary date which was the 6th of June.
    She gave me a number to call tomorrow, if they don't allow me to claim it do you think if I jump up and down and threaten to cancel they will give it to me?

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

2. SnowYeti

SnowYeti Member

Mar 31, 2007
    SYD
    I'm sure they'll give it to you despite the circumstances described above. Just tell them you tried, but it was closed and that is not your fault :!:

Let us know how you go :)

3. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have done this 'late' in the past and it has been OK. I would, however do it sooner rather than later.

4. zig

zig Established Member

Apr 9, 2007
    NSW
    I had the same issue this year when trying to book last year's flight. I had apparently missed my anniversary date by about 3 weeks, but they granted me an extension of another 6 weeks to allow me time to decide on which flight dates I wanted. So I'm sure you won't have any problems if you ring in the morning and outline your difficulties in booking. I have always found the staff to be very helpful and flexible.

5. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

In 2007 I claimed a 1 month late and a new years once at the same time on the same phone call. I am sure you will not have any problems at all.

6. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Its a manual system - Even the qualifying Qantas purchase has to be found manually. You'd be surprised!

7. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    I haven't looked it up lately, but I believe you have to have purchased a QF "product" before you get your free flight, so if you haven't purchased a QF flight in the past year you can always go to the QF Shop online and purchase something for say $15, then away you go.

8. They gave me a 2 month extention :lol::p:rolleyes: