Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Qantas Club Lounge Invitation

tl101

Hi All,

You've probably been asked this before so I'm sorry for repeating this but does anyone have a quick workaround to get the Qantas lounge passes without having to book a QF flight or pay membership fees for the Qantas Club?

The conditions to get the lounge passes state you've gotta spend on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card

Selected products and services are as follows: (i) Qantas passenger flights with a QF number, purchased directly from qantas.com.au using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card; (ii) Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas Freight, Qantas Cruises, Qantas Box Office, Qantas Wine, Qantas Insurance, Qantas Shopping, Qantas Merchandise Store or any other Qantas branded goods and services other than those items outlined in (i) and (ii) above.

Thanks,

The old carbon offset route is now gone. Best way around it right now is book a classic reward flight with your newly earned points and cancel it straightaway.

The old carbon offset route is now gone.

We may have another similar option - the $1 Climate Positive Delivery option on the Qantas Store. It can be purchased without any other items in the cart.

I'm aware that the terms exclude the Qantas Store, but in the past I believe these purchases just show up as Qantas Airways. Technically Future Planet was also against the same terms but still worked. Someone over in the green tier thread might be able to verify how it posted on their CC statement

We may have another similar option - the $1 Climate Positive Delivery option on the Qantas Store. It can be purchased without any other items in the cart.

I'm aware that the terms exclude the Qantas Store, but in the past I believe these purchases just show up as Qantas Airways. Technically Future Planet was also against the same terms but still worked. Someone over in the green tier thread might be able to verify how it posted on their CC statement
Keen to know how this lands. In my experience purchases from the store don't show up as QANTAS AIR AUSTRALIA but will be following with interest

My recent purchases from qantas (air tickets, fuel surcharge fee etc) came up as QANTAS MASCOT

I notice that if I use Amex its comes up as Qantas Mascot, but if you then expand the item in your online statement it says Qantas Airlines underneath and always gives the bonus points.

1648034540145.png

Whereas Qantas hotels bookings always show up as QANTAS LOYALTY and dont get bonus points as are not recognized as Qantas spend.

1648034575222.png

I paid 108 points for the Climate Positive Delivery so cant comment on whether that will work.

Last edited:

Thanks! I was thinking about buying a pack of Qantas cards from the store or something to see if it worked. I guess I can find out but worse case scenario, just book a domestic flight and then cancel?

Thanks! I was thinking about buying a pack of Qantas cards from the store or something to see if it worked. I guess I can find out but worse case scenario, just book a domestic flight and then cancel?
Should be no issue with that. I refunded a QFd award flight last week received points straight away and funds this week. Got Amex lounge passes with no issue before I refunded, along with two other passes which have appeared out of nowhere...

Honestly haven't taken much notice last few years given I've been Gold or Platinum so have just been gifting them to family and friends. But it can be quicker.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back