Qantas A380 refurbishment news and updates. | Page 36 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas A380 refurbishment news and updates.

Nolan1973

OQA was only there for 3 weeks <since 14/2> - not enough time for refurb - maintenance only (as the seatmap for QF2 confirms).

Believe it will swap with OQD which operated the prior QF1 inbound, also believed to be maintenance only.
Thanks for confirming ....just hoping for the the BC for my trip on the 20th April

coming home on a 787 BC just hoping for the same suite on QF1

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Believe it will swap with OQD which operated the prior QF1 inbound, also believed to be maintenance only.
Well it was OQD that did the swap with OQA, but its flown to AUH instead.
Appears that OQD will also be maint only, with OQI apparently the next refurb towards the end of March

Nolan1973

Well it was OQD that did the swap with OQA, but its flown to AUH instead.
Appears that OQD will also be maint only, with OQI apparently the next refurb towards the end of March
Ok ...thanks ....Once VH- OQG is complete

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Wonder if the decision to take A380s of QF1/2 and other flights will see more refurbishments in next 6 months.
Unlikely as they probably won't have the new seats etc to install. These things are on long schedules.
I'd think more likely that they might defer refurbs if this continues to save $s.

nick87

Well the one upshot from QF’s announcements today, looks like my flight on QF1 2/4/2020 has been swapped to an upgraded bird! Return flight on QF2 on 3/5/2020 will be on a 787-9 via PER now though 🙄

NSun

Qantas
Platinum
With only 2 A380s remaining in circulation it will be interesting to see if the ones retained are refurbished/repainted birds. There's just enough of them to do this but maybe we won't know until the grounding takes effect.

OATEK

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Wonder where OQI is off to tonight as QF6017? Thought they might pull out if the refits if there are any doubts as to their flying after the virus shutdown, but seems to be headed to Dresden. Or perhaps it is n a rescue mission?

ajw373

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Wonder where OQI is off to tonight as QF6017? Thought they might pull out if the refits if there are any doubts as to their flying after the virus shutdown, but seems to be headed to Dresden. Or perhaps it is n a rescue mission?
Be interesting to see if it does get a refit. Hard to know as general maintenance is also being done in Dresden.

According to another site they travelled home immediately flying Berlin - London - Darwin - Sydney with no rest break at all. All management pilots. Approx 60 hours door to door. Hopefully that is accurate info.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
augustin_amir