Q2 2014 Hilton Promotion. Double Points or Miles. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Q2 2014 Hilton Promotion. Double Points or Miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomy

AFF Supporter
Another average promo from HH. They became really boring lately, some innovation needed.

Hvr

AFF Supporter
Thanks, with an imminent trip to the USA this promo comes at a good time for me.

boomy

AFF Supporter
Thanks, with an imminent trip to the USA this promo comes at a good time for me.
You might want to check JMFK's latest US TR, the Hilton properties there don't look like a very good value for money.

markis10

Veteran Member
You might want to check JMFK's latest US TR, the Hilton properties there don't look like a very good value for money.
I am exactly sure three properties (two in NY) are representative of the entire North American portfolio. Certainly would not consider any Las Vegas property a good representative of what to expect elsewhere regardless of chain.

boomy

AFF Supporter
I am exactly sure three properties (two in NY) are representative of the entire North American portfolio. Certainly would not consider any Las Vegas property a good representative of what to expect elsewhere regardless of chain.
I'm sure there are better ones and there are worse but I would say that LA, NY and Vegas are probably 3 of the most popular destinations so it may worth checking the TR to get some ideas of what properties to avoid before making any bookings.

QF029

AFF Supporter
Not sure he mentioned the rate however there are regularly excellent rates (sub $100) in major US cities. As another example you can get the Conrad NY for $206 a night for 10 nights in July.

Last edited:

TomVexille

AFF Supporter
Thanks for the heads up. I have one stay booked so this will be a nice little bonus.

hgwells01

Got two rooms booked for a footy weekend at HOTP from 2 may so happy there, and I will be back a few times during the promo so HOTP will be just fine for me.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Another average promo from HH. They became really boring lately, some innovation needed.
These double mile promotions were great when airlines were still earning 1,000 miles/night.

boomy

AFF Supporter
These double mile promotions were great when airlines were still earning 1,000 miles/night.
And the double points were great before the devaluation but now I think HH need to be more innovative in their promos to attract new customers and keep the existing ones from looking at other options.

D

Deleted member 29185

Given the removal of the "Points and Fixed Miles" Double Dip option, the loss of VS flying into/from SYD and the HH enhancements that make diamond requal financially better to do more short stays then fewer long stays, I've decided to change my double Dip option back to "Points and Points".

Ah, to reminisce about the good ol' days! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

gwilli1

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Whilst I agree the exclusion list shows Sydney , Perth & HSW not participating , I just went a dummy booking for SYD and it shows me the double promotion offer is available . Same when i did a dummy booking for HSW & Perth ???????

Hilton Sydney

488 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia 61-2-9266-2000
Hotel Details | Change hotel

Step 2 of 5

Reservation Summary

02 May 2014 - 03 May 2014, 1 room for 1 adult Change

Credit Card payments relating to Australian hotels incur a merchant service fee of 1.5% in addition to the total amount payable.

Narrow your results

• 1 King bed

• Guest rooms
  • Suite
  • Club/Towers/Executive

• Non-smoking
  • Smoking

https://hiltonhhonors.com/HH2_2014?lang=US The new promotion is out for stays May 1 -July 31 2014. Sadly it's of limited use for those staying in Australia through the period with Perth, Sydney and Melbourne South Wharf opting out.

D

Deleted member 29185

Whilst I agree the exclusion list shows Sydney , Perth & HSW not participating , I just went a dummy booking for SYD and it shows me the double promotion offer is available .
Different promo. That one you pay extra to get the double offer. This one you get on normal rates (even the cheapest room).

TomVexille

AFF Supporter
Different promo. That one you pay extra to get the double offer. This one you get on normal rates (even the cheapest room).
If you pay for the double points package, and register for the promo, would you get 4X points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PE2020