Q: Made a boo-boo on crediting flights

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Myrna, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
    We went back to Australia for a family visit last month. We took 3 QF flights between SYD, MEL and BNE. Hubby's flights were credited to QFF, points for FF and SC came through as expected. I decided to provide my BAEC for the flights - as I needed some tier points (like QF status credit points). However, I logged into my BAEC account and discovered BA shown all QF flights as "ineligible" :( for avios (FF points) and tier points!

My question: Is there anyway I would be able to ask QF to credit these flights to my QFF account instead?

2. Boris spatsky

Boris spatsky Established Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Do you still have the boarding pass? If so, does it have your BA number printed on it?

If not, then send a photo of it to QF and see what they can do.

3. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Thanks, Boris spatsky, for your reply.

Yes, I still have the boarding passes for the 3 flights SYD - MEL - BNE - SYD we took. Yes, they all had my BAEC ff number printed on them. When we booked the flights last year I had put my QFF number on the bookings, but I changed my mind last month to include my BAEC number instead as I needed some tier (status credit) points. But, it was the wrong decision because BA considered all the flights I took with QF to be ineligible!

Do I just scan those boarding passes and submitted them via QF website (as missing QFF points)?

4. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Scan the boarding passes, your itinerary if not a QF booking and send to frequent_flyer@qantas.com.au. I have had problems with my emails not received so I fax them.

Explain the situation in the email and all should be fine.

5. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Thanks, JohnK.

Will email QF as you have suggested. I have got boarding passes and the original itinerary booked through QF by hubby for both of us etc. Fingers crossed.

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #6 serfty, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  7. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
  8. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    If you were both on the same ticket and the partners flight credited, I would not worry about it!

9. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Call Qantas and ask what were the far bucket codes for each segment. (O, Q, N, S etc.)

See if you can get this specific information emailed to you.

The only revenue discount economy code I can see that would not credit to BAEC is 'E' and this is not used by Qantas internationally.

10. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Just want to update that I emailed QF the boarding passes and itin and they have credited me with the points for FF and SC! Hooray :D Thanks, Qantas!

Still not sure why BA said the flights were not eligible to earn points? Serfty: the flights were domestic and not international.

11. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    The booking class? Perhaps it was 'E' class or something similar.

12. Myrna

Myrna Active Member

Aug 23, 2002
    We booked the flights in October 2013 for travel in April 2014 when QF advertised cheap fares for SYD-MEL and BNE-SYD for about $90 one way. So maybe this was why BA would not give me any points on the cheapest fares?

13. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    As I mentioned in another thread a lot of my bookings are during sales and these generally book into 'E' class. I know these flights earn nothing on AAdvantage and perhaps BA is the same.

14. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    E is not on the table.

Economy
    (discounted) M, K, L, N, G, Q, S, V, O
    25% of flown miles
    Economy
    (full fare) Y, B, H
    100% of flown miles
    Premium economy W, T, R
    110% of flown miles
    Business J, C, D, I
    125% of flown miles
    First F, A
    150% of flown miles

15. MelUser

MelUser Established Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Melbourne
    Thankfully "P" still appears at the AA section of the QF table!