Problems with the Virgin Blue site?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by newflyer, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. newflyer

newflyer Intern

Sep 19, 2005
    The 'Berra (ACT)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi all,

Hope everyone is well. Just a quick and easy question for y'all - has anyone else had difficulties with the Virgin Blue site today (Thursday 24.08) or is it just me? I've been trying to book a couple of trips since lunchtime, but keep coming up with the same error message telling me "there are too many users on the server right now and to please try again later". Well, it's now almost 4pm, and I'm still getting the same error.

I mean, I know DJ's prices are good, but I didn't think they were good enough to bring down the server!

NF

2. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Seems to be working ok now. They launched a sale today which always tends to put strain on the system (although the DJ site is usually quite good)

3. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I noticed the sale, and Qantas have swung in to match the sale dates (if not the prices)

4. Standby

Standby Active Member

May 25, 2006
    actually Qantas have upper the ante a bit. DJ have a split sale period OCT-mid Dec and Feb-Mar. QF matched the first but the second period starts mid Jan (so some good deals for those on school hols )