Priority Boarding Lane *PHOTO*

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by firefox, Jun 7, 2011.

1. firefox

firefox Intern

Jun 7, 2011
    New member, been reading here for a while. Very very heavy flyer with VA..
    Anyhow got off my flight tonight and walked passed the boarding lanes in BNE. (funny they weren't in MEL) but they have been setup in BNE..

Here's a photo i grabbed on the iphone quickly. I think someone was asking for a photo..

photo.JPG

I think i added the photo correctly. This was on Gate 40 in BNE at about 5:40PM.. Gates in 39/40/41 had them, but funnily gates above 41 didn't?? Maybe still being rolled out.

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. yogi

yogi Member

Feb 8, 2009
    SYD
    Welcome to posting, firefox!

That is the sort of purple some of us were talking about the other day as the colour for the top / platinum level for the forthcoming velocity overhaul.

3. Noob

Noob Established Member

May 28, 2011
    It is a very sexy purple :p

4. yogi

yogi Member

Feb 8, 2009
    SYD
    I think, technically, it might be officially referred to as violet. I think.

5. Noob

Noob Established Member

May 28, 2011
    Do I have to qoute Hans?? :lol:

6. yogi

yogi Member

Feb 8, 2009
    SYD
    Please please please do.

I have been missing our witty banter about Hans.

I wonder if he has any job openings. Maybe someone at VA can hook us up.

7. cityloop

cityloop Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Melbourne
    Looks great!

8. antycbr

antycbr Member

I'm in BNE next Monday, looking forward to checking this out. In terms of prominence, it's pretty clear to all who's entitled to use the priority access lane, without looking as ugly as AA. That violet is pretty sassy indeed.

The one downside of the signage I can see is that partner golds (SQ,NZ,EY,DL) aren't mentioned - and I'd hope that priority boarding is extended to them too. This is where OneWorld and Star can just put up their respective top tier logo. Perhaps VA need to cover off these somehow with a Priority AAcess style system where top tiers can get something on their boarding pass?

9. peakhour

peakhour Intern

Dec 6, 2010
    The new sign looks great! Keen to experience this in operation tomorrow flying out of BNE.

Keep up the innovations VA and thank you.

10. haydensydney

haydensydney Established Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks for posting the pic!!

VA are just blowing QF out of the water in terms of development: i'm so excited to see my VA grow up!! *gush*

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Newbie

Jan 8, 2011
    Picture also confirms the top tier will be called Velocity Platinum :D

12. Misha

Misha Guest

i didn't even notice that - maybe people will start upgrading soon? even if there are no added benefits I'm sure we'd all like to know what the threshold will be, and we want to see those words on our boarding passes :)

13. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Good work DJ, sorry VA, proves it isn't hard or expensive to implement a listed benefit.

14. thewinchester

thewinchester Established Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Joondalup, WA
    And of course they forgot to acknowledge the partners whose customers on specific tiers get to use priority boarding (VS Gold for example).

The signs look nice, but poor planning and all that in light of the prev. point.

15. xtoss

xtoss Member

May 4, 2011

Status | Velocity Rewards

Mentioned it yesterday but they have the placeholder in place here as well

16. drewbles

drewbles Senior Member

May 11, 2007
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And from that page...

I thought I remembered someone saying that it would all be released by June 30?

Shame if it will take that long. My membership year is up in November, and was hoping to know if I should make a run for DJ Platinum or not.

17. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Access to:

Business
    Premium Economy
    Velocity Platinum
    Velocity Gold

my emphasis

18. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    This is exactly what QF needs. Well done VA!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Virgin Australia

Authenticated Company Representative

Sep 21, 2010
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Priority Boarding is offered to our airline partner reciprocal status members (e.g. Etihad Guest Gold and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold), in addition to our own Gold and Platinum members and Premium Economy and Business Class Guests. While our partner airlines aren't mentioned on signage, our team members at the boarding gate will invite them to board through the Priority Boarding lane at the same time as other eligible Guests.

Note also that our respective airline partners will be making members aware of the benefits they receive when flying with us. This is a consistent approach that's been employed across touch-points on the ground.

Obviously we are excited with our latest news from yesterday, and as we're sure you can appreciate, it might get a little complicated to be constantly updating signage across our airports.

20. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Also I guess that it is not like OW where there is a member level consistent across airlines - you would have to list every alliance partner and every level.