Premium lounge kerbside access Sydney with Amex Platinum | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Premium lounge kerbside access Sydney with Amex Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

albyd

Established Member
Hi,

I've accessed the Sydney lounge from the kerbside entry with my business class ticket before. I'll be flying to Melbourne shortly and wasn't planning to fly business. I have unlimited lounge access with Amex platinum charge. Will I be able to use the kerbside entry even though I have an Economy ticket (& am a red member) or will I need to go in via main entry since I won't have a business ticket or status?

jackthomas

Flights
My Map
I'm not sure about this one, I know that paid members are unable to use the kerbside entry, as well as silver members using lounge passes so perhaps not?
The lounges do actually all have individual phone numbers which I find handy for questions like this :)
http://www.virginaustralia.com/nz/en/experience/at-the-airport/lounge/#locations

Excuse the NZ link, I'm in auckland atm however will all go to the same place :)

albyd

Established Member
Hi jackthomas thanks for the info. I suspect you're right. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Not the end of the world going through general security.

dec540

This is from the VA website - http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...ydney-lounge-premium-entry-and-premium-valet/

Sydney Lounge Premium Entry is available exclusively to Virgin Australia Business Class, 'The Business' and Premium Economy guests, Velocity Platinum and Gold members and partner airline reciprocal status members travelling with carry-on baggage only.

I'd probably try though, worst case scenario they turn you away and you have to go in through the normal entrance.

Milefest

For those of you interested, I called the lounge tonight & they confirmed regular entry for me. Saved some embarrassment :)
I made the mistake of using the sydney premium entry back when I was a regular lounge member. It was quiet at the time so they let me through and warned me for next time to use the general entry, hopefully they would have done the same for you. I can't imagine it being embarrassing though, the staff seem to be quite nice and understanding. It's quiet most of the time I'm there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spot23