Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Points on a Delta flight codeshared/operated by VS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo76

A friend of mine has been denied SCs/Points earn on DL flights he took US<->UK because they were a VS codeshare, is this right?
They're both partners but if you catch a flight that's a codeshare you fall into a black hole? Sounds dodge... advice?

He specifically asked the TA to verify the flights were valid for points earn too... :/

williamsf1

Established Member
A friend of mine has been denied SCs/Points earn on DL flights he took US<->UK because they were a VS codeshare, is this right?
They're both partners but if you catch a flight that's a codeshare you fall into a black hole? Sounds dodge... advice?

He specifically asked the TA to verify the flights were valid for points earn too... :/
Not valid for earn

Points cannot be earned on Reward Seat bookings or on fare classes other than as specified above and codeshare flights other than those operated by Delta Connection-branded carriers and Virgin Australia

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Yep ... Looks like the TA needs bettertraining.

Steer clear of Codeshares on VA partner airlines if crediting to Velocity.

lobo76

Not valid for earn

Points cannot be earned on Reward Seat bookings or on fare classes other than as specified above and codeshare flights other than those operated by Delta Connection-branded carriers and Virgin Australia
So even though both airlines involved are valid to earn he gets nada because it's a codeshare? God it must be frustrating for regular customers without access to this resource! :p

If he had booked the ticket on VS he would have been fine, yea?

notzac

Established Member
Yeah, I asked about this when the DL/VS deal was announced - not valid for earn, and VFF didn't seem particularly keen to see if it could be made valid for earn. :(

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearlz007

Currently Active Users