Points earnings on the new OW carriers | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Points earnings on the new OW carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Being the 1st April, there are some new entrants and here are the earnings

Note: No status bonus is awarded on the new carriers, so it's base plus cabin bonus only

EI has left OW but miles can still be earned on EI but NO Status Credit Earning

BHKLMNOQV - 70%
Y - 100%
DIJ - 100% plus 25% bonus

The new OW entrants are eligable for Status Credit earning

Japan Airlines ( including affiliates ) - JL,JO,EG,JC,NU

KLMSVX (International) - 50%
BH (International) - 70%
Y (International) - 100%
CDIJ (International) - 100% + 25% bonus
AF (International) - 100% + 50% bonus
Y (Domestic discount economy) - 50%
Y (Domestic full economy) - 100%
J (Domestic Discount Economy Plus Premium Surcharge) - 60%
J (Domestic Economy Plus Premium Surcharge) - 100% +10% bonus


Malev - MA

GNOQSTWZ - 30%
BHKLMVY - 100%
CDIJ - 100% + 25% bonus


Royal Jordanian

HKMSV - 50%
BY - 100%
CDJ - 100% + 25% bonus


Dave
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
40,999
Thanks for posting.

The discount economy earning rates on all 3 carriers are a major disappointment.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Its about what I expected. JohnK - were you expecting 100% earning?
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
40,999
Not 100% for all classes.

But 30% and 50% for most discount economy classes....
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
At least they are mileage and status earning - previously they were not on QFF.
 

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
793
Thanks for posting, Dave.

This helped (partially) to choose the carrier for my next longhaul trip - i.e. stick to Qantas :D:oops:
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,168
Malev maybe 30% but i suspect there tickets are also a bit cheaper than say BA on the same routes.
E
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Evan said:
Malev maybe 30% but i suspect there tickets are also a bit cheaper than say BA on the same routes.
E
Ahh... But also remember that BA only offers 25% on fares lower than H class too

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
Its important to note that these are the QF FF Points earning classes, and do not necessarily relate to SC earning. The SC earning is still such that any eligible points-earning class will earn SCs, but anything less than Y is discount economy, only Y is full economy, and the usual business and first classes apply. So no difference for SCs for these new OW members.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
NM said:
Its important to note that these are the QF FF Points earning classes, and do not necessarily relate to SC earning. The SC earning is still such that any eligible points-earning class will earn SCs, but anything less than Y is discount economy, only Y is full economy, and the usual business and first classes apply. So no difference for SCs for these new OW members.
Yup same SC earning as jetconnect.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Maybe I need to be more blunt?

Flying QF within NZ we don't get a lot. No OLCI. Effectively no status bonus (okay an incy one AKL-ZQN and ROT-ZQN). SC earn poor (flexible fares are hardly cheap and yet earn a pathetic 10 SCs/flight). IFE limited to QF ads, The Office (US version) and Two and a Half Men re-runs. Limited point earning promos. Flights that are as often late as on time.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Jetconnect is a QF subsidiary isnt it?

I am just wondering what the points earning on AA will be (currently on dial up so AA site is slow).
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
simongr said:
Jetconnect is a QF subsidiary isnt it?

I am just wondering what the points earning on AA will be (currently on dial up so AA site is slow).
The AA site has not been updated for JL changes since today; I assume that the arrangements already in place will pretty much apply in that most economy eligable fares accrue at 70%

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
simongr said:
Jetconnect is a QF subsidiary isnt it?

I am just wondering what the points earning on AA will be (currently on dial up so AA site is slow).
JetConnect is owned by Qantas and operates flight for Qantas with QF flight numbers. Therefore the AA earning on JetConnect operated QF flights is exactly the same as for QF operated or Australian Airlines operated flights. As far as OneWorld is concerned, they are all QF flights.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Dave Noble said:
The AA site has not been updated for JL changes since today; I assume that the arrangements already in place will pretty much apply in that most economy eligable fares accrue at 70%

Dave
Its been made clear I think (through lack of info otherwise) that there is no status bonus on JL (and thus I assume Royal Jordanian[RJ?] and Malev) for AA - any counter to that?

I am hoping for a bunch of RJ and JL fligths over the next few years as it will be easier to hit China and Cyprus (SYD-DXB-Amman-LCA).
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
simongr said:
Its been made clear I think (through lack of info otherwise) that there is no status bonus on JL (and thus I assume Royal Jordanian[RJ?] and Malev) for AA - any counter to that?
There are status bonuses on RJ when crediting to AA

Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,778
Messages
1,858,406
Members
48,608
Latest member
NEC180
Top