Platinum sitting in economy - Do the airlines pay extra attention to us? | Page 7 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Platinum sitting in economy - Do the airlines pay extra attention to us?

Mike65

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Fair enough, I am in Melbourne!
In my recent experiences, QF are giving out the Express Cards for MEL arrivals, but they are not being taken. Actually, same applies to Express departure cards. I have a growing collection of both!

gazzab

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I have a collection the Express cards as well!

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Can’t speak for SYD but in BNE express path for arrivals doesn’t exist in the evening (I think it closes about lunchtime), but CX still routinely hands out the cards on the evening flight into BNE. This has been the case for several years.

With express path departures, since April the CX flights I’ve taken have the ‘e’ symbol printed on the boarding pass itself. I was told cards are no longer issued. Think QF at least is also doing this. Possibly not the case for all airlines.

Cheers skip

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
With express path departures, since April the CX flights I’ve taken have the ‘e’ symbol printed on the boarding pass itself. I was told cards are no longer issued. Think QF at least is also doing this. Possibly not the case for all airlines.
Makes sense.
I transited through LHR in May and as a then SG/OWS booked in Y (upgraded at gate) I wasn't sure if I was entitled to use the priority lane.
Presented my BP to a gentleman at the normal queue and he asked me if I would like to use the priority lane.
In many airports they just stamp "priority" on your BP.

kiwitripper64

The express cards are of little value in Sydney for immigration if you use the smartgates. But there was a much bigger queue for customs without the express card.
LHR with the new smartgate is just as quick without using express card.

Rangalad

Can’t speak for SYD but in BNE express path for arrivals doesn’t exist in the evening (I think it closes about lunchtime), but CX still routinely hands out the cards on the evening flight into BNE. This has been the case for several years.

Cheers skip
✔ Noticed that too. Now I understand.....

JW

I've shown my qantas card and managed to go through sometimes. However have been getting them into sydney again. Most recently QF2 from SIN. Frankly the inbound to SYD seems pointless given the gates work well most of the time.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LSharyn