Platinum Newbie | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Platinum Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

platpom

Newbie
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
1
Hi,

I have just completed my platinum challange and now have the grand some of 40K miles. Being new to both the FF community and Australia, I wondered if you all would be kind enough to answer a few questions...

  1. Where do you moslty book your domestic and international flights from, i.e. qantas.com, aa.com or another travel agent. If its with aa, being an ex pom and having a UK credit card, is there any advantage in using this for the residency question and are there any legal issues regarding this or does is just work out the same give or take any currency fluctuations?
  2. When obtaining a price, how can I tell what booking code it is for earning purposes. For example, qantas talk about red e-deals, super saver and so on and aa don't make any mention other than the class of cabin.
  3. It seems, rightly or wrongly, that Jetstar are steadly taking over many routes that are currently served by QF. Given that you don't earn any AA FF points with JQ, is it of any concern to you that our earnings potential in Australia will be steadily eroded?
As a thankyou, I promise not to take the mickey too much when England win the Ashes ;)

Cheers
Mark.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Welcome to AFF platpom :)

Using a UK credit card on aa.com makes no difference other than being easier (no need to send in copy of your credit card for example). The price will be the same.

aa.com provides fare rules once you have selected the flights. From the fare rules you can see the booking codes.

Jetstarisation of QF should be a concern to the rest of OW. So far it doesn't seem to be registering!
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
platpom said:
?
[*]When obtaining a price, how can I tell what booking code it is for earning purposes. For example, qantas talk about red e-deals, super saver and so on and aa don't make any mention other than the class of cabin.
Red-e-deals and Super Savers OTHER THAN the N class red-e-deals ( the more expensive of the 2 red-e-deals ) will earn 50% miles with a min of 500 plus a 100% platinum bonus => min earn is 1000 . Nclass earns zero

Flexi Savers and Full Fare will earn at 100% miles

Dave
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
platpom said:
  1. It seems, rightly or wrongly, that Jetstar are steadly taking over many routes that are currently served by QF. Given that you don't earn any AA FF points with JQ, is it of any concern to you that our earnings potential in Australia will be steadily eroded?
As a thankyou, I promise not to take the mickey too much when England win the Ashes ;)

Cheers
Mark.
Congrats on the candy theft. I for one am not too concerned about JQisation - only because my flying is oneworld or premium routes in J that QF wont give up - that is until all other routes have been given to JQ, the premium routes go to JQ and then JQ is rebranded Qantas ;)

I think though we need to accept it and move on - which is easy to say when you are based in Sydney...

Re the ashes - mate we are screwed - Oz is going to be a very unpleasant place for the english for the next 18 months at least....
 

straitman

Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
16,780
Flights
My Map
simongr said:
Re the ashes - mate we are screwed - Oz is going to be a very unpleasant place for the english for the next 18 months at least....
Absolutely:!: :D :mrgreen: :rolleyes: :cool: :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,764
Messages
1,858,057
Members
48,599
Latest member
Kezby007
Top