Platinum Charge Card - 25% off VA PE & J

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisT

Looking through the Platinum website and found this:

Save with Virgin Australia

Receive 25% off Virgin Australia’s Premium Economy or Domestic Business Class fares when you fly around the country, across the Tasman or Pacific.
PE_Image_Value_Purple_LR_v2_118.jpg
Reserve BySaturday, 31 December 2011Offered ByVirgin Australia Highlights

Receive 25% off Virgin Australia’s Premium Economy or Domestic Business Class fares when you fly around the country, across the Tasman or Pacific. Fly Perth to Sydney Business Class from AUD589 (including taxes and fees) per person one way, or Sydney to Denpasar Premium Economy Class from AUD952 (including taxes and fees) per person one way.
Enjoy more room, a fully flexible ticket including complimentary food and beverages, 24 FOXTEL channels and up to 69kg checked-baggage just for you. Access to The Lounge at major Domestic Terminals and priority check-in at most Domestic and International Terminals is all part of the service.
Plus, now you can enjoy a whole new class when you fly between Sydney and Perth with Virgin Australia’s new Business Class service on A330 services.

To make a booking, call Platinum Travel on 1800 67 3760

In the offer it says that you can fly PER-SYD for $589 in business. When I look at the VA website all of the fares are coming up as $1399. Anyone manage to get a PER-SYD fare for that price?

Do you have any Velocity points? If so you might be able to find that you can redeem a business class fare PER-Syd for substantially less than that....

Do you have any Velocity points? If so you might be able to find that you can redeem a business class fare PER-Syd for substantially less than that....

Yes, one can book a 'classic' award and choose minimum points + pay option in J for a lot less, however, the website snippet above implies something else to me ... the normal fare is about 1399 each way, the snippet is implying to me that the price should be $1049 ... perhaps you _do_ have to ring on the number provided to gain the discount???

perhaps you _do_ have to ring on the number provided to gain the discount???

Just called platinum travel service. Basically you get 25% off the fare listed online. So there's no way I can see of getting a J SYD-PER ticket for $589. Was hoping to combine it with the double sc promo but at @ $1150 it's still a bit much...

Just called platinum travel service. Basically you get 25% off the fare listed online. So there's no way I can see of getting a J SYD-PER ticket for $589. Was hoping to combine it with the double sc promo but at @ $1150 it's still a bit much...

Mmm. One wonders if the 589$ figure was a 25% discount on the old PE fare. It does say _from_ $589. Now that PE is finished yes, I agree, unlikely to get such a cheap premium fare from PER.

As a comparison, I recently booked a MEL-(737)-xSYD-(330)-PER PE/Business class journey for $178 and 6900 Velocity points. Of course, I wont earn any Velocity points or Status for the journey.

Need to find H class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back