Platinum Card - Airline Lounge Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingjunkie

Hello All
Amex has offered me the Platinum Charge Card twice which I declined on both occasions. I was/am happy with my Gold charge card. Am now planning a trip to US, and in my researching, discovered that some Amex Platinum cards isssued in other countries (eg South Africa) offer free airline lounge access.
Does anyone know if the same privilege would be offered to an Aus issued card?
If yes, I would be very tempted to take up the offer now.

This was discusses on another thread recently, and the verdict seems to have been that AUS issued cards do not entitle you to lounge access, as there does not appear to be any agreements here.

The AMEX Platinum cards do not have lounge access, sadly. Recently checked it for some travel I was doing.

You could probably purchase a Qantas Club membership for less than the annual fee charge on the Amex Platinum Charge Card. And Qantas Club gets you access to AA's Admirals Clubs and US Airways Lounges when travelling on AA and US flights respectively.

Alternately get the Platinum card that does permit lounge access, but sadly the Qantas Platinum Frequent Flyer card will not be accepted for use as a credit or charge card at many places :D .

NM said:
You could probably purchase a Qantas Club membership for less than the annual fee charge on the Amex Platinum Charge Card. And Qantas Club gets you access to AA's Admirals Clubs and US Airways Lounges when travelling on AA and US flights respectively.

Alternately get the Platinum card that does permit lounge access, but sadly the Qantas Platinum Frequent Flyer card will be accepted for use as a credit or charge card at many places :D .

Will be or won't be??

Would have been a nice touch if the Qantas Ultimate Amex card got you into the QF lounges :)

oz_mark said:
Will be or won't be??

Would have been a nice touch if the Qantas Ultimate Amex card got you into the QF lounges :)
Oops, there goes my dislexia again :roll: . I'll edit the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back