Pilot's arm detaches mid-flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
A pilot has lost control of a passenger plane after his prosthetic arm became detached during landing.

The Flybe plane was coming into land at Belfast City Airport from Birmingham in the UK.

Dark, gusty conditions and time constraints meant that the pilot had to continue to guide the plane into landing with one hand, without the help of his co-pilot.

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that there aren't too many pilots with prosthetic limbs.

Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Puns aside, how can it be regular and a nightmare? Those passengers should experience a 767 some time! I've had many a heavy landing here :p

After a regular landing, the plane bounced and then hit the tarmac really heavily, resulting in a ‘nightmare landing’ for the crew and 47 passengers aboard

Very lucky it wasn't worse though, as the article later goes on to state that it happened as he began the 'flare' manoeuvre.

Foreigner

Established Member
Puns aside, how can it be regular and a nightmare? Those passengers should experience a 767 some time! I've had many a heavy landing here :p

Very lucky it wasn't worse though, as the article later goes on to state that it happened as he began the 'flare' manoeuvre.

Certainly not funny for passengers and crew. But seriously, those prosthetics can cost an arm and a leg.

spudseamus

It could have been worse ! If it had been another limb he wouldn't have had a leg to land on !

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
In preparation for landing will the First Officer please arm the Captain.

Foreigner

Established Member
Dove Men+Care ad on TV reminded me of this malfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users