Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Peek inside for your new year gift: QF $50 gift voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevrosmith

Established Member
My Grandmother (SG) just received a $50 gift voucher from Qantas... anyone else receive this?

newyear.JPG

(Oops. Can a mod please correct "peak" to "peek" in the thread title?)

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

kevrosmith

Established Member
No, definitely legit... Gma hasn't flown for quite a few months, so maybe this is the new Double SCs offer to encourage people to fly.

newyear2.JPG

I logged into her account directly (not following any links in any emails --!) and it is sitting there waiting to redeem.

RichardMEL

It's an interesting way to stimulate travel. If it's not used, they lose nothing, if it is they can probably equate the $50 as a rationalisation to induce further spend and probably worth it. I agree, seems like a replacement, or a different form, of a bonus points or SC offer.

Here's my question, does this mean a booking made with that will now not incur a CC charge? so it's actually worth at least $57? :D

JohnK

Veteran Member
Would love a gift voucher but they can probably see I have $4400 in unused gift vouchers sitting in my account already! ;)

Here's my question, does this mean a booking made with that will now not incur a CC charge? so it's actually worth at least $57? :D
No credit card surcharge using a gift voucher.

Cat207

Are you WP(as per your AFF profile) still?
Have you travelled recently?
WP until June 30. 12 months unemployment has certainly curtailed my flying. I doubt I'll ever see WP again, but at least I've done it once.

fully6mps

I got a similarly worded letter except my welcome to the new year was a complimentary invitation to a Qantas Club lounge (valid end April 2015, which will be giving away to someone in Adelaide when I get a chance to post a thread), am just a bronze member.

Dmac6345

Great!
So now SG's get priority boarding and a $50 gift voucher.

I might ask for my soft landing a year early :p.

RichardMEL

Seems the common thread here is lack of recent travel for status pax (and inducement to go for the NB)?
(I admit I am assuming a lack of recent travel due to Cat207's recent situation - and sorry to hear that by the way.. best wishes for a positive change there!)

Interesting.

BobbyFlyer

Seems the common thread here is lack of recent travel for status pax (and inducement to go for the NB)?
(I admit I am assuming a lack of recent travel due to Cat207's recent situation - and sorry to hear that by the way.. best wishes for a positive change there!)

Interesting.
Not sure. I got one this morning and I just flew last week and have last flight next week to maintain WP before end of Feb. Certainly no indcuement from my perspective but much welcome!:)

kevrosmith

Established Member
Yes, I took it as an incentive for booking more travel where they may have identified a lack of activity and lack of future bookings amongst status pax. In fact, I texted my Aunt straight away to notify my Grandma in case she did want to travel anywhere soon... so I would think it is a good inducement for encouraging travel.

kevrosmith

Established Member
Not sure. I got one this morning and I just flew last week and have last flight next week to maintain WP before end of Feb. Certainly no indcuement from my perspective but much welcome!:)
Oh okay... well that contrasts what I was just thinking...

clazman

Established Member
Nothing, Zip, Blank .. no rewards for me or Clazgirl ... lost in the mail hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Traveling_Side