Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Pancake Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
These machines have been in QF lounge for 2 years now. VA also introduced them subsequently. I've seen them in few hotels (in BKK) in their exec lounges. Are they found in hotels in Australia? I would eat pancakes at breakfast than cereals which I ritually have at home most mornings.

harvyk

Qantas
Gold
These machines have been in QF lounge for 2 years now. VA also introduced them subsequently. I've seen them in few hotels (in BKK) in their exec lounges. Are they found in hotels in Australia? I would eat pancakes at breakfast than cereals which I ritually have at home most mornings.
Only place outside of an airport I've actually seen them have been some cafe's (charging around a $2 per pancake).

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Denali

Conference at Day Dream Island about two weeks ago and the resort pancake machine was in use. I recall it in a NZ lounge but didn't pay attention to it.

burrco

The only one I've seen out in the wild is at the Westin Tokyo, never spotted one in Australia.

I actually leant recently that my friend actually is the (or one of) distributors of these instant pancake machines, just as a side business from his normal job. We then began to list all the Airport Lounges/Hotels in Australia where they are located, much to the puzzlement of everyone else around us!

Useful things for a quick brekky, as was the case for me and brother at Koru BNE last year. Must ask him more about it... He kinda just mentioned it in passing while talking plans for an upcoming Young Adult Conference that is in planning.

williamsf1

Established Member
I have stayed at a number Marriott and Hilton hotels in USA and they have had them or if thy did not have a machine a person was cooking them fresh

Lowjhg

I saw them at marriott surfers once. Funnily enough i also do have one at home :p

mhen

I think the Crowne Plaza Canberra has or had one.

ALH

Established Member
The Tongariro Chateau has one (NZ)

Foreigner

Established Member
I understand that pancake machine found in airport lounges is Australian designed.

Jack3193

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
A hotel I was in in Ireland recently had exactly the same one. Didn't realise it was Aussie!

seanpodge

I've used the one in the Koru Lounge at MEL. It's not bad and fairly quick, but a chef could still make them better, I reckon.

harvyk

Qantas
Gold
I've used the one in the Koru Lounge at MEL. It's not bad and fairly quick, but a chef could still make them better, I reckon.
No doubt at all that a chef (or I) can make better pancakes. However as an option for breakfast in lounges it is one I really enjoy.

Foreigner

Established Member
Now that you mention it, same is in NZ lounge in SYD

blankman

Intern
STC Café in Surry Hills (linked to the Wyndham Sydney) also has one.

robs12

I had the wierdest experience at the pancake machine in VA lounge Cairns back in January. Lounge was almost empty, I put a couple of pancakes in, walked off to get a glass of orange juice, must have been away all of 15-20 seconds, and there was a well dressed lady there stood by the machine. I stood with my juice and empty plate. She stood. When the first one came out she went for it ...I suspected she might... I said "errr, I think these two are mine, I just put them in". She glared at me and said "No, I did". I nearly fell over! I laughed and said, "I tell you what, I'll share them with you" and just took the second one. Some people....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SelectScotchWhisky