OzJet to test PER-MEL

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by stuartfaz, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. stuartfaz

stuartfaz Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    MEL
    Stumbled on the OzJet site today, it seems they're testing the PER-MEL market with a 'Weekend Special' set of flights next Thursday and Monday.

and the price...

The flights themselves are:

O7 931 PER-MEL leaving at 6:00pm AWST arriving at 11:30pm AEST Thurs 9 August
    O7 932 MEL-PER leaving at 6:00pm AEST arriving at 8:25pm AWST Mon 13 August

Take a look

OzJet Airlines

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It's rumoured that they're also going to set up AFL flights for the final.

I dunno how Ozjet will go with their sale, but wish them extreme luck with their plans!

3. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
    How do you start an airline, in Australia, without a big bang… i.e. if you don’t have the capacity to offer instant network and frequency? There are many ways to stick a thorn back into a lion; I like Oz Jet’s new strategy!

They’ve got me onboard!

4. pauly7

pauly7 Established Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Didn't they end up putting economy seating into their plane(s)?? so basically a 3 X 3.... I can't cope with Virgins 737's on that route and distance, let alone an old 737-200 or whatever they are using....

however if that is the price for their business then im onboard, i'll ignore the rust for that price :D

5. stuartfaz

stuartfaz Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    MEL
    yeah it's an all economy setting now i think.

6. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    I loved O7's all-business-class service on the SYD-MEL run and was planning to fly to PER with them when they were about to start up that route, but it never eventuated. Good to hear they are planning a comeback although if it is all-economy then nowhere near as enticing for me. However if they put on flights for the AFL it might save the rest of us from being scalped as we were last year just for travelling at the "wrong time".

BTW, their 737-200Adv may be old compared with all the NG's flying around Australia but they were in great condition when I flew on them last year.

7. Standby

Standby Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Now OZjet has aircraft based in PER there is probably a need to get the plane to the Eastcoast every so often for scheduled checks.
    this could well be one of those or considering the mining work they fly is pretty much Mon-Fri ..or the instances that the aircraft is sitting on the ground over the weekend and there is a fortuitous event like the AFL GF it an ideal situation for them to exploit..although the west Coke Eagles may not play the game and win thru if they play like they did against Freo on the weekend