Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

"overpaid" points

Discussion in 'ANZ Credit Card Rewards' started by pomjim, Oct 28, 2004.

1. pomjim

pomjim Intern

Aug 1, 2004
    Brisbane
    I joined up 3 months ago, and got the 5000 bonus points for doing so.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

However, this month, they have given me the 5000 points again!

My question, can ANZ take back the points, even 'tho they are already transferred to my Qantas f/f account?

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I expect their terms and conditions permit them to do almost anything they please. But if the points have already been spent/transfered then it will be a lot harder for them to do anything about it :wink: .

3. danielh

danielh Member

Dec 5, 2003
    They may not be able to get it back from Qantas easily but they can put a negative amount against your accrued ANZ FF points. I had this done to me last month when money from a Qantas flight I cancelled came back. The points I got for spending the money in the first place had already been credited to my Qantas FF account but I had a negative 480 points to accrue before I got into positive territory again. :)

Regards
    Daniel

4. pomjim

pomjim Intern

Aug 1, 2004
    Brisbane
    Thanks!

So, as it stands, I have recieved 10,000 points for the joining fee, it may be worth cancelling the card if they decide to take them back in the way you suggest they will.