Question - Overnight lounge access in SIN - QF Gold/OW Sapphire | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Overnight lounge access in SIN - QF Gold/OW Sapphire

jpp42

Intern
it's frequently rated the best airport hotel globally from what I can gathe
I think that refers to the Crowne Plaza which is not a transit hotel - it's landside and you must pass through Singapore immigration to stay there. It's also much more expensive than the transit hotels.

That said I do recommend the Ambassador (I think one of the terminals has a different operator for its transit hotel but I understand the facilities are similar). Keep in mind like any hotel these do book out during busy periods, so definitely book in advance. Be prepared to go to one in a different terminal if required.

Ade

Hey everyone, wanted to update some information here

Just got off the phone with SATS Premier Lounge at SIN T2. Explained that I will be arriving late night into SIN and have a MH connecting flight next morning. The person on the phone said that as I'm OW Sapphire and flying MH as my next flight I'm elgible to use the SATS at T2 on the day of flight.

That means, I have to sit out for 90 mins before the next day begins and head to SATS T2.

Now, hopefully, QF issues all the BP's for my entire onward journey :) so that I don't have to find a MH transfer desk at 11 PM in the night

I'm still leaning more towards spending the night in the transit hotel, but, I thought I'd pass on the information I received.

Cheers,
Ade

Bell21

I think that refers to the Crowne Plaza which is not a transit hotel - it's landside and you must pass through Singapore immigration to stay there. It's also much more expensive than the transit hotels.

That said I do recommend the Ambassador (I think one of the terminals has a different operator for its transit hotel but I understand the facilities are similar). Keep in mind like any hotel these do book out during busy periods, so definitely book in advance. Be prepared to go to one in a different terminal if required.
Are you saying you recommend ambassador over crowne Plaza for landside? I was making a general comment rather than suggesting poster should stay at the Plaza, as I'm aware its landside - I'm waiting at the airport for over 12 hours and decided that given the price difference, which wasn't too large given my length of stay, the crowne looks like a great option relative to transit hotels - happy to be proven wrong though

Bell21

Ps I should've added I'm not in transit, as it's a stop-over but I need to wait at airport for someone to arrive

madrooster

AFF Supporter
Now, hopefully, QF issues all the BP's for my entire onward journey :) so that I don't have to find a MH transfer desk at 11 PM in the night
Is it all on one PNR? If not, then that would be unlikely.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chippo2008