(OT a bit) No more HP's in BNE domestic QP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,386
Points
1,065
Currently in the BNE domestic lounge waiting for my flight.

Go to the bar and ask for a HP... "Sorry, it's been replaced with Heineken"!

(HP lights are still available, as are Crown Lagers and a couple of other beers).

Hmmmm. Wonder if it's a temporary change or permanent!
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Points
10
Has been the same beer status on my last few visits to the BNE QP over the past couple of weeks.

It may be the result of the voracious HP appetite of many of the AFF members... :D
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
Speaking of liquid refreshments, the Air NZ domestic lounges have got the seasonal special beers back again :D Unfortunately there is too many to sample in a single visit. Fortunately I have more visits coming up.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
Phew - I have a passionate loathing for HP :p At least when I am in BNE next I wont have to worry :)

I remember my first overseas trip from Oz (on Air NZ business class) that I was quite excited when I got to the lounge and found Budweiser in the fridge. I had been in Oz for 18 months and hadnt had my favourite tipple from the UK as it either wasnt available or horrendously expensive - shame it was 10AM and I could only force down a couple ;)
 

Standby

Active Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
634
Points
265
I'm a HP fan..but they lost me by doing the "botte shrink" from 375mls
to the Euro size ...Boags and Cascade now pick up my Freq drinking points
cast aside all non regulation sized bottles..we will sit with less leg room but take away our beer...never
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,549
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
simongr said:
Phew - I have a passionate loathing for HP :p At least when I am in BNE next I wont have to worry :)

I remember my first overseas trip from Oz (on Air NZ business class) that I was quite excited when I got to the lounge and found Budweiser in the fridge. I had been in Oz for 18 months and hadnt had my favourite tipple from the UK as it either wasnt available or horrendously expensive - shame it was 10AM and I could only force down a couple ;)
Surely this is a wind-up. I am reading "don't feed the tolls" between the lines here :mrgreen: . A preference for Bugweiser over Hahn Premium is not something I ever expected to see on AFF :shock: . Oh well, each to their own :rolleyes: .
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Mal said:
(HP lights are still available, as are Crown Lagers and a couple of other beers).
At least Crown Lagers are still available!
 

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
8,329
Solutions
2
Points
1,145
Mal said:
Currently in the BNE domestic lounge waiting for my flight.

Go to the bar and ask for a HP... "Sorry, it's been replaced with Heineken"!

(HP lights are still available, as are Crown Lagers and a couple of other beers).

Hmmmm. Wonder if it's a temporary change or permanent!

Best news ever! HATE HP. Love Heinees!!!
 

Groundfeeder

Active Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
652
Points
245
Hmmmm. Wonder if it's a temporary change or permanent!
I quite favour the boutique beers over the local factory products, but tend to drink wine in the QP (no beer breath over FA's and pax). With wine you've got no idea whether your breath smells or not!!!!

The wine choices change on a monthly basis so I've been able to cancel my Wine Club membership and sample a wide variety a lot cheaper before I buy.

THEN you get freebies on the plane as well!!:mrgreen:
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
NM said:
Surely this is a wind-up. I am reading "don't feed the tolls" between the lines here :mrgreen: . A preference for Bugweiser over Hahn Premium is not something I ever expected to see on AFF :shock: . Oh well, each to their own :rolleyes: .

Not being australian I might have a reason for not preferring HP ;) HP as also the preferred beer at my last employer and it made our monthly drinks quite unpleasant :p
 

ksthommo

Active Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
806
Points
320
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Usually in the QP on a Monday arvo, dont have a beer then, only a couple of reds before the flight
to Cairns. Love Hahn Premium, haven't had the chance to sample any lately.
Stick to the 30 can slab of xx_X Gold when I'm home.

Will miss the Hahn Premium though when I do get a chance to have a couple of beers at the pub.
 

coco50

Active Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
932
Points
305
Qantas
LT Silver
Mal said:
Currently in the BNE domestic lounge waiting for my flight.

Go to the bar and ask for a HP... "Sorry, it's been replaced with Heineken"!

(HP lights are still available, as are Crown Lagers and a couple of other beers).

Hmmmm. Wonder if it's a temporary change or permanent!

Heineken's not a bad drop:!: I try to avoid too much beer before a flight and prefer to get into the red a little - although on a hot summer day a nice brew is OK. Sometimes I don't mind a crownie, but being a beer of low effervescence, these should be drunk from the stubbie - not from a glass. The only QP I've been in that lets you do this is CBR. At othres I've been told by the staff that it is not policy.
 

coco50

Active Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
932
Points
305
Qantas
LT Silver
simongr said:
Phew - I have a passionate loathing for HP :p At least when I am in BNE next I wont have to worry :)

I remember my first overseas trip from Oz (on Air NZ business class) that I was quite excited when I got to the lounge and found Budweiser in the fridge. I had been in Oz for 18 months and hadnt had my favourite tipple from the UK as it either wasnt available or horrendously expensive - shame it was 10AM and I could only force down a couple ;)

I thought that Bud is what you drink when ditch water isn't available. Bud in the LOTFAP is what turned me towards Heinie. I reckon that Bud is worse that VB.
 

coco50

Active Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
932
Points
305
Qantas
LT Silver
ksthommo said:
Usually in the QP on a Monday arvo, dont have a beer then, only a couple of reds before the flight
to Cairns. Love Hahn Premium, haven't had the chance to sample any lately.
Stick to the 30 can slab of xx_X Gold when I'm home.

I'll leave the try line (or Goal Posts) wide open and say that at home, I don't mind the taste of a Pure Blonde.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
Havent had much Bud in the US - mostly brewed and drunk in UK. Its all about personal choice - HP smells like sour p*** to me :)
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Points
10
Isn't Budweiser the subject of a particular joke concerning s*x in a canoe.....they're both [expletive deleted] close to water...:D
 

garyjohn951

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
560
Points
0
Isn't bud p*** anyway.
If we have to drink US beer give me a samuel any day
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,549
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
garyjohn951 said:
Isn't bud p*** anyway.
If we have to drink US beer give me a samuel any day
I have found that avoiding the USA major domestic beers (Bud, Coors, Miller), you can find quite a few very good beers there now. I am quite partial to Siera Nevda IPA, Anchor Steam Amber, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Fat Tyre, and even Shiner Bock is not bad when in Texas.
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

coco50

Active Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
932
Points
305
Qantas
LT Silver
NM said:
I have found that avoiding the USA major domestic beers (Bud, Coors, Miller), you can find quite a few very good beers there now. I am quite partial to Siera Nevda IPA, Anchor Steam Amber, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Fat Tyre, and even Shiner Bock is not bad when in Texas.

Good idea, NM I found the Anchor Steam a good drop. Recently in Hawaii, I found Kona Longboard pretty good too, even if there weren't many bubbles in the draught variety
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top