Opt in to Earn 10 Bonus Points for every $1 spent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Retail Electronics Campaign
Until 31 December, when you spend $400 or more in one transaction at our participating Bonus Partners you earn 10 Bonus Points for every dollar. Bonus Partners are: Bing Lee, Betta Electrical, Camera House, Clive Peeters, D!ck Smith, The Good Guys, Paxtons, RetraVision, Rick Hart, Tandy and Winning Appliances.

CDs and DVD Campaign
Until 31 December, every dollar you spend at Sanity and HMV you earn 10 Bonus points.

You must opt-in to take advantage of these offers. The relevant details are found at:

American Express Australia - Membership Rewards - Earn Bonus Points

Nice - was thinking of buying a new TV so subject to pricing this might be a goer...

Yep. Should be good for the boxing day sales this year...

Thanks mick; may make my purchases more interesting this year.

Hmmm... what an HHonors point worth? In oz, 30K gets you an ~$180 room.

I give up.

The site directs me to login, then "go to opt-in bonus".

Where on earth is the link for "opt-in bonus"????? :confused:

Thanks mick. It is a shame I will not be able to make use of the promotion. My parents purchased a $2000 stove from Bing Lee recently.

Febs said:
I give up.

The site directs me to login, then "go to opt-in bonus".

Where on earth is the link for "opt-in bonus"????? :confused:

You need to go the rewards page - click on the link Your Membership Rewards Balance, and the link to opt-in bonus is on the left hand menu there.

Beware, many of these merchants probably charge a surcharge when you use AMEX.

Two months ago I purchased electrical goods from Clive Peeters and they tried to slug me with a surcharge( 3 or 4%???) when I flashed my Amex.

I refused to pay the surcharge and insisted on using my Amex to make the purchase or the deal was off.

They accepted.

Sheriff

This will be very beneficial this coming xmas.......I guess I'll be buying quite a number of iPods in the one transaction this year as family presents =D

futaris said:
Yep. Should be good for the boxing day sales this year...

Yes...but remember that it ends Dec 31..

Amplify your Points

Until 31 December, when you spend $400 or more in one transaction at our participating Bonus Partners you earn 10 Bonus Points for every dollar. That's 10 more reasons to purchase that new sound system or flat-screen TV you've had your eye on, at these participating stores:
-Bing Lee-Betta Electrical-Camera House1-Clive Peeters-**** Smith-Paxtons-RetraVision2-Rick Hart-Tandy-Winning Appliances

Very tempting..

I was thinking of gettinga new fridge...

At 10 points extra per $...and as I value points at about 1.5 cents each....

That is 15 % extra off....and as suggested above if you combine this with the reductions normally offered post Xmas when stores quiet done that will givea nice price.

Im having trouble signing up or as amex puts in "opting in" to the benefit. I have a premium qantas frequent flyer and cant find on my amex login anywhere to get it.

Am i still eligeble, even though all my points go direct to my qantas FF account and i dont accrue membership points?

geffa18 said:
Im having trouble signing up or as amex puts in "opting in" to the benefit. I have a premium qantas frequent flyer and cant find on my amex login anywhere to get it.

Am i still eligeble, even though all my points go direct to my qantas FF account and i dont accrue membership points?

It is a MEMBERSHIP REWARDS bonus......so I think you needan Amex Card where you are a member of Membership rewards (ie Maximiser)....and so hence the Qantas card would not be eligible..

Thats what i thought but i keep getting info in regards to membership rewards, i also a couple of weeks ago got an offer of 1000 membership rewards points if i transfer to paperles statements (i have never held an amex other than the qantas FF one).
gonna give em a buzz and find out whats going on

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many bonus points you can earn on this promotion? I tried calling AMEX but not being a cardholder (yet) I got put through to the Indian Call centre and they could not give me an answer.

Sounds like a great offer, but cannot think of anything to buy!!!

has anyone used this offer yet?

and what is the expected time i should wait for the bonus points to post onto the MR a/c?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back