Online Performance

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by RB, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. RB

RB Established Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Nth Coast NSW
    Any suggestions of where I might find online performance figures for particular runs on Qantaslink? I have looked on Qantas website but it appears to be total figures only.

RB

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Presume you had a typo, do you mean on-time figures (like are shown here)...as you say, they give overall on-time performance for Qantaslink flights, not particular sectors.

To get that particular sector information, I would suggest going to the ASX web site (or using your stockbroker) to obtain the last monthly flight data from QF (in PDF format) and seeing whether the on-time data is segregated to the flight number level...

Alternatively, contact Australian Bureau of Transport and Regional Economics.

See also:

* May 2005 Report (including Qantaslink sectors, but not broken down to specific sectors

Hah! Found what I think might suit your question. See the Airline On Time Performance Report May 2005 (Excel format) - scroll down to lines 100 to 130 (for Qantaslink flights)

Alternatively, the Airline Ontime Performance Complete Monthly Time Series Report - it's a Monthly time series by route by airline from November 2003 to May 2005, scroll down to lines 105 to 135 (for Qantaslink flights)

3. RB

RB Established Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Nth Coast NSW
    Thanks Lindsay-yes a typo. Have checked your suggestion Airline On Time Performance Report May 2005. Cannot see Port Macquarie anywhere.

4. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Agree that PMQ isn't showing in the entire Report - as they are listed in alpha order. Wonder why??? (Coffs shows up... :roll: )

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  6. RB

RB Established Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Nth Coast NSW
    I just feel we have been having a bad run of on time runs. Is there any substance to claims that airports with less competition "enjoy" lower rates of on time performance?