FYI QF is currently showing Y & J award availability on JL51 HND - SYD for at least 2 pax on 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 13 - 22, 24, 25, 27 & 29th August 2022.Is anyone else finding that reward JAL flights are just not available FROM Tokyo to Sydney any time?
I've been watching QR JNB - DOH and no new availability for mid 2022 has been added in the three weeks from 18/8/21 to today.I'm seeing very little QR availability. I'm pretty sure I saw more availability AUS-EUR a few days ago, but looks like it's dried up and doesn't match that seen on BA avios.
Thanks for that insight. Will keep watch, otherwise will book CX.I've been watching QR JNB - DOH and no new availability for mid 2022 has been added in the three weeks from 18/8/21 to today.
Release of awards seems to be all over the place with expected release dates not counting for much with several of the main OW airlines
I am hoping that my next OWAward booking will hold – it is in March 2022.
I have a decision to make and would be grateful for your thoughts.
I accept that a large crystal ball is needed when offering an opinion on the following.
Two of us are trying to fly Brisbane to Amman in business and current booked flights are
Day 1 BNE 0050 – HKG 0740 on CX
Day 1 HKG-DOH on QR at 2025.
- My partner both hate overnight long distance flights
- There is no daytime flight BNE-HKG on QF. None on the horizon either according to QF press releases – would need to go via SYD.
- QR offer direct services from BNE/SYD/MEL to DOH usually daily . However, despite business class award seats on offer on EF and available using AA and BA airpoints , QF does not offer J award seats ( ? political reasons )
- I am not comfortable hanging round HKG on day 1 either being incredibly bored in the terminal for over 12 hours or maybe risking going landside and travelling downtown ( who knows what the Chinese government will think about Aussies then)
- I could fly QF to SIN arrive 1750 then connect on QR to DOH departing at 2025.( award J seats available on both ) However, there is no legal connecting time in SIN so QFF cannot issue a thru ticket BNE-DOH transiting on Day 1. ( I’d need to stay overnight )
I have changed this booking 4 times from the original date in 2020 and am cautiously hopeful that it will go ahead this time– I just want to reduce the chances that some glitch may adversely affect the earlier flights in this booking .
- Either keep the current booking departing 0040 and spend 12 hours in HKG.
- Connect to HKG via SYD depart on QR at 0500 BNE arriving HKG 1505 via CX and depart on QR at 2025 no doubt after spending some time in the J lounge. There is a QF flight to HKG that will connect but no J award or “I” seats on offer.
Really grateful for your advice.
Not sure exactly what you are looking for but I find this website can be helpful: ✈ FlightConnections - All flights worldwide on a flight map!
Looks like you can only set alliances with an account which needs payment - are there any alternatives?Not sure exactly what you are looking for but I find this website can be helpful: ✈ FlightConnections - All flights worldwide on a flight map!
Set "alliances" to Oneworld.
(Note: Not necessarily 100% accurate.)
Sorry, I forgot I have a subscription; it's been too long since we have been able to fly internationally.Looks like you can only set alliances with an account which needs payment - are there any alternatives?
No need to apologies, I just hoped you knew some trick but yes of course it's easy enough to do.Sorry, I forgot I have a subscription; it's been too long since we have been able to fly internationally.
For those who don't want to pay you can leave alliances as "All" and pick out the routes/airlines for the alliance of your choice. A little bit tedious perhaps.
Doesn’t the OW RTW booking / planning engine provide this info? ie provide direct and connecting flight options between cities to build up the itinary.Looks like you can only set alliances with an account which needs payment - are there any alternatives?