*one4 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

*one4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,640
Hey AFFers

What do you think of the connection times between these flights (mainaly at JFK and LAX T4 to TBIT), any comments or warning signs that I should be looking at?

Dep Arr
MSY – DFW AA 2675 0850 1025
DFW – JFK AA 492 1205 1630
JFK – LAX QF 108 1840 2155
LAX – MEL QF 94 2315 0930+2
MEL – PER QF769 1215 1425
 
Last edited:

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Reggie said:
Hey AFFers

What do you think of the connection times between these flights (mainaly at JFK and LAX T4 to TBIT), any comments or warning signs that I should be looking at?
If bags are checked through, you should still have time for a quick chower at T4 FLounge before heading over to TBIT. Just make it a quick one!
 

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,640
NM said:
you should still have time for a quick shower at T4 FLounge before heading over to TBIT.
When the new TBIT lounges open will they have showers?:confused:

NM said:
Just make it a quick one!
What are you saying?:oops:

NM said:
T4 FLounge before heading over to TBIT.
If QF108 is late will QF94 wait?:cool:
 

drron

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
24,811
Just remember 25% of USA flights are more than 15 minutes late in arriving .However the maincauses are congestion and weather,
Congestion mainly affects the East Coast and Particularly NYC area airports.Takeoff can be late because too many flights are scheduled and arrivals often late because of flight path problems.However you have allowed 2hours at JFK and so should do it easily.
Weather can affect anywhere but particularly the centre with severe storms or the south with cyclones.DFW certainly can be affected but again you have allowed sufficient time even if you have to change terminals.Just make sure you ask more than once which gate your flight is leaving from as it can change frequently and with us happened just less than an hour before departure and meant going back to the terminal we had just come from.
LAX despite its size and traffic does not feature in the airports with the worst delays(just worst officialdom,computer systems etc.).
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Reggie said:
When the new TBIT lounges open will they have showers?:confused:
I don't know. It has not opened yet and I have not seen any info on showers. However, one of the limitations of the TBIT terminal before the new lounge was built was that the only suitable plumbing for toilets/showers was at the ends of the building. So unless they have altered the plumbing or the new lounge is located such that toilets/showers are at the ends of the building, then I would not be surprised (but would e disappointed) to find that they do not have showers in the lounge.

I guess we will just have to wait a little while for all the announcements and then personal visit reports.
 

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,640
NM said:
I don't know. It has not opened yet and I have not seen any info on showers. However, one of the limitations of the TBIT terminal before the new lounge was built was that the only suitable plumbing for toilets/showers was at the ends of the building. So unless they have altered the plumbing or the new lounge is located such that toilets/showers are at the ends of the building, then I would not be surprised (but would e disappointed) to find that they do not have showers in the lounge.
I found this on the qantas webpage

Flying with Us - Qantas Club - The Qantas Club News

QANTAS said:
From late October 2007, members with access to The Qantas Club can enjoy a new lounge experience in Los Angeles. Qantas, in partnership with Cathay Pacific and British Airways, is developing new First and Business lounges in the Tom Bradley International terminal. The new lounges will offer more space, more seating, luxury shower suites and enhanced business facilities.
So hopefully should be good, but will wait and see what others say. I wont be their until late Jan.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,105
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Reggie said:
Hey AFFers

What do you think of the connection times between these flights (mainaly at JFK and LAX T4 to TBIT), any comments or warning signs that I should be looking at?

Dep Arr
MSY – DFW AA 2675 0850 1025
DFW – JFK AA 492 1205 1630
JFK – LAX QF 108 1840 2155
LAX – MEL QF 94 2315 0930+2
MEL – PER QF769 1215 1425
Hi Reggie, I'm doing the QF10late-QF94 transit in four weeks.

I believe the new oneworld lounge on TBIT is to open within the next 3½ weeks and will have shower facilities.

My research seems to indicate it would be better to shower at T4 before you head to TBIT; but given the systematic lateness of the inbound and that I have been advised that QF94 will generally wait for QF108 if it's not more than an hour or two behind schedule; I would look to having a shower in JFK, either at T8 before you take the train or at T7.

FWIW, I have a 4 hour transit at JFK and intend to shower there.
 

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,640
serfty said:
Hi Reggie, I'm doing the QF10late-QF94 transit in four weeks.

I believe the new oneworld lounge on TBIT is to open within the next 3½ weeks and will have shower facilities.

My research seems to indicate it would be better to shower at T4 before you head to TBIT; but given the systematic lateness of the inbound and that I have been advised that QF94 will generally wait for QF108 if it's not more than an hour or two behind schedule; I would look to having a shower in JFK, either at T8 before you take the train or at T7.

FWIW, I have a 4 hour transit at JFK and intend to shower there.
Mmmm, maybe I should give 10-late a miss then. How easy is the JFK transfer?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,315
Messages
2,081,251
Members
53,720
Latest member
Davie
Top