*one4

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Reggie, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    #1 Reggie, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
    Hey AFFers

What do you think of the connection times between these flights (mainaly at JFK and LAX T4 to TBIT), any comments or warning signs that I should be looking at?

Dep Arr
    MSY – DFW AA 2675 0850 1025
    DFW – JFK AA 492 1205 1630
    JFK – LAX QF 108 1840 2155
    LAX – MEL QF 94 2315 0930+2
    MEL – PER QF769 1215 1425

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If bags are checked through, you should still have time for a quick chower at T4 FLounge before heading over to TBIT. Just make it a quick one!

3. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    When the new TBIT lounges open will they have showers?:confused:

What are you saying?:oops:

If QF108 is late will QF94 wait?:cool:

4. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    Just remember 25% of USA flights are more than 15 minutes late in arriving .However the maincauses are congestion and weather,
    Congestion mainly affects the East Coast and Particularly NYC area airports.Takeoff can be late because too many flights are scheduled and arrivals often late because of flight path problems.However you have allowed 2hours at JFK and so should do it easily.
    Weather can affect anywhere but particularly the centre with severe storms or the south with cyclones.DFW certainly can be affected but again you have allowed sufficient time even if you have to change terminals.Just make sure you ask more than once which gate your flight is leaving from as it can change frequently and with us happened just less than an hour before departure and meant going back to the terminal we had just come from.
    LAX despite its size and traffic does not feature in the airports with the worst delays(just worst officialdom,computer systems etc.).

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map

6. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    I found this on the qantas webpage

Flying with Us - Qantas Club - The Qantas Club News

So hopefully should be good, but will wait and see what others say. I wont be their until late Jan.

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi Reggie, I'm doing the QF10late-QF94 transit in four weeks.

I believe the new oneworld lounge on TBIT is to open within the next 3½ weeks and will have shower facilities.

My research seems to indicate it would be better to shower at T4 before you head to TBIT; but given the systematic lateness of the inbound and that I have been advised that QF94 will generally wait for QF108 if it's not more than an hour or two behind schedule; I would look to having a shower in JFK, either at T8 before you take the train or at T7.

FWIW, I have a 4 hour transit at JFK and intend to shower there.

8. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Mmmm, maybe I should give 10-late a miss then. How easy is the JFK transfer?

9. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    VERY easy. About 90 seconds on the train, at that time of day the run every 5 minutes.

AirTrain JFK > Around JFK Airport

Just make sure you take the "All Terminals Loop".