OMAT asks to fund his Etihad residences ticket

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zainman, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI

2. MEL_Traveller

MEL_Traveller Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2005
    Melbourne, AU
    full credit for the ingenuity in thinking of it.

would I back it? no. but seems there are already 8 backers who have pledged more than $500 each. Obviously has sparked some interest.

this will no doubt generate some debate. I think the same author was responsible for the alleged demotion of staff on a China Southern flight because he complained cabin crew slept in empty First class suites during their rest time.

the response from China Southern and internal leaked memo regarding the alleged demotions:

A true first class passenger does not 'peek over cubicles'. A true first class passenger doesn't care about airline policy in this regard.

On that basis alone, as the Dragons would say... 'I'm out'.

3. burmans

burmans Senior Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Totally OK with it (I like his blog and have profitted from it in the past) but no way I'd be chipping in.

4. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Plenty are, pretty much half way there.

Apparently the review will be unbiased and the first one, what a load of #$#.

• Like Like x 2
  5. joyvee

joyvee Member

Jan 13, 2013
    More front than Myers, he is now at $12581 so he has more than Buckley's chance of meeting his goal. His blurb does hit the right note if you have lots of money to spare or just a little to support an eccentric idea.
    My guess is that with all of his previous first class flights he must have access to some self funding or is it possible he could have managed these flights on FFP?
    I thought I read the flight costs $65K. JoyV

6. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    It's certainly ambitious.

7. Princess Fiona

May 22, 2009
    NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    I was in the minute I saw this on Boarding Area :)
    Good luck to him. I'll be super jealous if he does get there but I will look forward to reading the TR.
    Wonder who will get the second seat if it's successful ?