[Offer Closed]: Citibank Gold NO ANNUAL FEE FOR LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardoc

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
G'day everyone - this was brought up in other threads but it was thought that it warranted a new thread of its own.

Citibank seems to be making a special offer on its Gold card: NO ANNUAL FEE for the life that your account remains open - given it's normally $119 per year, this is pretty huge.

Citibank Gold Card

Apart from that it's just like any other Citibank Gold Visa/Mastercard - seems to have all the bells and whistles, like Purchase Security and Overseas Travel Insurance and 1:1 QFF points transfer. The only difference (apart from the lack of annual fee ever) is that points have to be transferred in blocks of 10,000 instead of 5,000 but this is minor issues, really.

I can't see anything about points capping on this card either.

If you're looking for a 1:1 card, this is definitely a card to consider. I have just applied for one today - after the Ezybanking Mastercard went under and the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa seems far too expensive for a rather restrictive points capping scheme, this seems like the best deal around.

Anyone had any experience with this deal?

I applied also .... and also I have tried to look for extra fine fine prints somewhere ..... but I couldn't!!!!! Anyone else see any catches?

Surely this is the best Visa Card with QFF Rewards Program (1:1QFF) ever! Beats Earth Card hands down! ...... Almost sound too good to be true.

Yes I have grabbed it too...have been looking looking looking fora while fora 1;1 card.....and FREE forever. Sweet.:D

beardoc said:
I can't see anything about points capping on this card either.

You'll find it in this fine print

+ All Rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Programme. Cash advances do not earn Reward points. Reward points never expire while the card remains open.

Those terms and conditions specify the details regarding caps.

From other strings I assume that the Gold Points cap is 60,000 points per year.????? (can anyone confirm. If it is lower then I will get my wife to take out one too...but I would prefer not to have to just to keep paying it off simple and for credit reference too)

Which for me is fine. I anticipate my VISA spend will be $40 to 50 K with all else on my AMEX at a higher earn rate.

However I should ask....is therea monthly cap, or is it just annual?

lovetravellingoz said:
From other strings I assume that the Gold Points cap is 60,000 points per year.?????

However I should ask....is therea monthly cap, or is it just annual?

The terms and conditions state they MAY cap, but I'm on a silver card, and I'm way over the point cap limit for platinum card, yet I'm still getting all my points.

So it doesn't seem anyone is enforcing it.

rooboy said:
Is there a fee for supplementry cards with citibank gold.

Let me log on to internet banking and copy and paste this:

A fee of $10 is applicable for an Additional Silver Card, $30 for an Additional Gold Card and $90 for an Additional Platinum Card. Additional Clear Cards are free

They wil charge you more, but you just need to call them, annoy them, and they will refund the difference.

Now, does anyone know how to transfer from an existing account to this new offer?

Would the $30 fee for the additional card be a once off charge or is it annually.

cheers

Supp card fees are usually annually.

Does anyone know if the 18.99% interest rate is the same for cash advances? No I don't intend to use cash advances and have never done so. This is just so that we are all aware of the fine print of this offer.

I made sure to print out a copy of the initial page with the conditions there, and the conditions which clearly mention "no annual fee for life". Although with Citibank's record of changing things, they might one day launch a "one-off fee" or introduce a rewards program fee sometime. Still, I hope that the copies of the conditions when I signed up will be enough to actually get a no annual fee ever card!

Mal said:
wait until a monthly fee is charged :D

Yes - I might send Citibank a letter asking them to confirm that they're not going to try something like a MONTHLY fee.

Are these generally getting approved instantly? Mine didn't. :(
Thank you for your application. Your Application Reference number is 003xx_xx_. Please keep a record of this number for future reference.

Please note we are still processing your application and will contact you shortly.

Whilst the original thread in these forums line the e-moneymart site, the link on that site most definitely links back to Citibank directly - this is the link:

Code:
http://www.citibank.com.au/cardsoffer/offers/gold_nofee_A.htm

This is most definitely on the citibank website, so it is an official offer from Citibank and it is not fraudulent on the part of e-moneymart. I typed the above link into my browser and found that I could get the offer. I also changed the A at the end of the URL to a B, C and D and found I got the same offer - maybe Citibank are using that to track it from different sources?

snufl said:
It is not on the Citibank site. The original link is Credit Cards: Compare citibank credit cards – Apply Online

I phoned Citibank and was told they were unaware of any fee free offer and because of the "security risk" should apply through them and PAY the $119 yearly fee. However it appears they have confirmed the existance of the offer to another member.
Have a look at the link in Post #1 of this thread. That appears to be a Citibank.com.au site for applying on-line for the card. I did not apply, but the application details collection page does appear to be citibank.com.au and not the broker of the link you have posted.

StevePER said:
Are these generally getting approved instantly? Mine didn't. :(
I applied today and received the same message. I also received an email from a citicorp.com address. I'm 99.9% sure this is a legitimate offer.

As for the 'No annual fee-ever' I guess time will tell. Daily fee, weekly fee, monthly fee, bi-annual fee. The alternatives to an annual fee are endless.

---------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back