NZ Domestic taxes/charges | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

NZ Domestic taxes/charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Dude

Established Member
Does anyone know or know where to find how much taxes/charges are built into NZ domestic flight price between AKL and ZQN? According to NZ, and the ticket, only GST applies (no airport fees, passenger movements etc...nothing). I missed a flight recently and in the light of a recent thread about claiming taxes/charges back, I thought I'd test the water. Seems odd that there are no taxes/charges for domestic flights in NZ (except GST), given that AUS airports have plenty.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
As far as QF goes, here's the info from a purchase last week:
Code:
YOUR AIRLINE RECEIPT:
FARE:           NZD       90.76
CHARGES/TAXES:  NZD       48.23
TOTAL :         NZD      138.99
Did dummy booking for a similar fare on airnewzealand.co.nz and came up with the following:
Code:
1 Adult Fare(s) @ NZD $123.56
NZ GST             NZD $15.44

TOTAL             NZD $139.00
Make of that what you will ...

I suggest you try to get a complete breakdown of the fare.

Happy Dude

Established Member
No such luck in getting a breakdown of the fare. They simply said it wasn't possible to do. In addition, NZ claim that as the fare was non-refundable, this applies to all components of the fare (which they can't/won't list!). Pretty poor really. They made no comment regarding the fact that Qantas does it upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilalpaca