Question - Noumea dining advice | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Question Noumea dining advice

GPH

Flights
My Map
Yes @GPH I agree with you about Le Roof, very expensive and the food was nice but so expensive only real positive was we sat over the water and watched Sharks and rays swim underneath us as we dined. I think the bill from memory for 2 with an entree and seafood main course each, 2 glasses of Champagne and 2 No 1 beers was $300 + AUD

I found service in the tourist restaurants and hotels very underwhelming.

Did you try Bodega del Mar at all?

You have to walk past it to go to Le Roof as its at the start of the wharf

View attachment 207007

View of Le Roof from Bodega del Mar

View attachment 207008

Sunset over Noumea Lagoon, Anse Vata Beach showing Le Roof restaurant
no we didn’t, the food at Le Roof was ordinary after the entree. I’m reluctant to go back to noumena on any level. Things would really need to change.

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Taverne Tannhauser is a restaurant where I've never seen tourists. The food is good. Owner is a German guy who decided to move to Noumea 30 years ago. It has similar ambience as a brasserie in a small French town.

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
Taverne Tannhauser is a restaurant where I've never seen tourists. The food is good. Owner is a German guy who decided to move to Noumea 30 years ago. It has similar ambience as a brasserie in a small French town.
sounds great, in Port Plaisance?

ALH

Established Member
This is the high food point in NOU for us. Pistachio Ice-cream.

It was the M Lounge @GPH, with great sunset views along the beach. Unfortunately, despite being a very quiet evening, we could not get any one to take our food order so grabbed a pizza on the way back to our hotel. Rather strange recipe with bechamel sauce, but very nice.

16CC1DB0-F203-4DEC-A16D-4BEEF16EB164.jpeg

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan Coetzee