No more Priority Baggage for Qantas Club | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

No more Priority Baggage for Qantas Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacej

Flights
My Map
I am a QC member, when travelling alone, I get the orange priority tags. When travelling with the boss who is platinum, we get Business tags regardless of class of travel.

Either way, still tends to be a lottery at the other end...

vt

HKG - MEL on QF arriving at Immigration just behind Business class passengers.

Take APEC lane and wait with the Business Class passengers at the carousel.

Made a comment to wife that the other economy passengers are arriving to Immigration and for her to pull up a trolley and take a seat.

60 mins later, priority tagged bags come through after all none tag luggage.

This scenario for me is all too common.

Is this due to the Unions? Although this has happened to me in Sydney and Brisbane.

I keep forgetting to stop getting priority tags placed on my luggage when coming back to Australia. Especially if you fly CX, they will place a tag on the bags once it is out of sight.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
Is this due to the Unions? Although this has happened to me in Sydney and Brisbane.
Can you explain why you think unions would be making your bags come out last? :-|

I keep forgetting to stop getting priority tags placed on my luggage when coming back to Australia. Especially if you fly CX, they will place a tag on the bags once it is out of sight.
Priority luggage handling has nothing to do with tags per se. It's all sorted according to the bar code placed on your bag. If it's priority luggage, it's supposed to be loaded/unloaded separately to other luggage. Whether it is or not depends entirely upon the ground crews at either end.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Ground crew canna read barcodes (or if they can, they should be doing some other employment, seriously).

I have seen a memo at CBR where it was stressed the ground crew must pay absolute attention to the coloured tags when placing the checked lugged on the conveyor for collection.

This airport is 99% 737/DHx and there is very little containerisation.

P

Platy

Can you explain why you think unions would be making your bags come out last? :-|
Because they are bloody. And thus responsible for all and any ills encountered when flying. ;)

Their omniscience and omnipresence must extend to secret deals with the workers at LHR since every time I used BA F check in, I had to plead with staff to put the correct baggage tags on my checked in luggage.

Ari Gold

No issues last night travelling MEL-SYD.

Orange tags on the golf clubs and was in about the first 10 pieces of baggage out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vicki Angela